Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthdays and Buying Bulk

Hello my friends! How are you all doing? I've missed you guys!

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful birthday wishes. I had a great birthday overall. There were a few moments that I was really emotional but I will save that for another day.

On Thursday evening, I went to my mom's and Lena made Filet Mignon, Asparagus and a baked potato for dinner and they went to Cheesecake factory and got a mini cheesecake. We all had a tiny sliver. All three of our pieces did not equal one slice that they serve at the restuarant.  I planned on having another bite yesterday but I forgot about it.


Friday I got my pedi and got to hang out with Danielle. We went to Costco and did food prep for the golf tournament.  Saturday was the Golf tournament. It was a perfect day for it weather wise. It was in the upper 70s with a breeze. After the tournament we went back to Blinky's and had dinner. I only ate a few bites of the steak but loaded up on salad and fruit salad. Plus, I did not drink! Yay!!! I saved myself calories AND some $$.

Sunday, my brother, Bob took my mom and I out to lunch at the Elephant Bar and then to go see Brave. It was a pretty packed theatre as you can imagine since they just released it on Friday. It was amazingly quiet though during the movie. It was cute! I would even like to see it again. I really want to see Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted There was a gal sitting next to me and she was attending the movie alone. I have never been to a movie by myself before so I was chatting with her about that.  She gave me a few pointers and I will have to try it solo.

I have a friend who recently started working for a meat company. He and his boss came by after I got home from the movies and he was wheeling and dealing with me to try to buy a case or two. It was rather expensive so I was hesitant but I ultimately got a case of seafood and a case of free range chicken. I spent $350 but it is a lot of meat. My friend, Dan, was sweet and unpacked it all, labeled it and put it away for me. They are in individual portions so it would be really easy to pull a dinner together, just need a side and a veggie.

I happened to get on the scale this morning to asses damages from the weekend and I am actually down a pound so I call that a win. If you can make it through your birthday weekend AND lose a lb. that is a good thing! Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome losing a pound after the weekend.....I just wish I could do that on a normal weekend let only a birthday one. Glad to hear you had fun....hope the happiness continues for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful birthday Katie J. Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a great birthday - lots of celebrations sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Katie would love to know how you are doing now? Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...