Saturday, September 17, 2022

Decisions Decisions Decisions

 

Well things have changed in the last two weeks...

I decided not to continue treatments moving forward. This time around it was painful and while they buy me more time I felt like s**t and I do not want to feel bad due to the poison they pump into your body. I was told 3-6 months to live without them. There is no way of knowing... I just don't want to give myself an expiration date...

I am being realistic and signed on with Hospice. I am also did my will and Advanced Directive. Basically, I just need to choose my final resting spot and urn. I am considering this

It is so surreal doing all this stuff but then again at least I get to make the decisions.

Until next time...

 

6 comments:

  1. That is an interesting though on where you want to be. I always kind of though the diamonds made of ashes were interesting myself. I'm sorry that you have to do this. I am grateful that you do get a choice like you said. You have control on talking to people and making your decisions known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still reading! It is just such a weird place to be mentally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be so surreal. I cannot imagine how you manage. I pray you will be well for the time you're here, which I really hope is much much longer than doctors are predicting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Paula. It is scary as hell not knowing! I just have to keep the faith and try to remain active as long as possible.

      Delete
  4. Oh Katie! I came back to blogging after a long time away and read this. I hope I didn't miss you. The memorial forest looks like a beautiful place to have your final rest. I'm wishing you all the good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about Katie. A FB memory popped up from when a few of us were actively blogging many moons ago. I went to go peek in on Katie and I see she passed away December 15, 2022. She left on her terms with her friend by her side.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...