Thursday, May 6, 2010

Solving Mysteries



First of all, I just had to say THANK YOU all for your encouragement regarding the challenge. I am really excited and motivated for this next phase in my weight loss.

Last night was pretty uneventful. I was tired from my allergy pill so I had a sandwich for dinner with an apple. Snack was popcorn.

Well, I was able to solve the mystery about all the "bites" on me. They actually are not bites which was a HUGE relief. It was just freaking me out thinking it was spiders or bugs. It is eczema caused by overexposure to the sun. One of my water pills causes me to be sensitive to sunlight. When I was on my mini vacay I was out in the sun with no sunscreen so hence the reaction. He told me to take Zyrtec at night, put cream on after every shower and to use cortisone cream. I just hope they go away quickly. I am an itchy mess right now!

In my efforts to clean out my trunk I found this little creamer that I made a long time ago:



I had painted it for my Aunt's 80th birthday. She will be 85 in two weeks! Can we say procrastinator?!?! Mild hoarder? Yeeshhh... That is just bad that it has been in my trunk for 5 years...

Tonight is my training appt. with Grace. I wonder what "new" things she will spring on me this week! I am feeling firm in places that were never firm before let me tell you. All except for my belly. I know it is shrinking but it seems to be the last place I am losing it. I think I should incorporate some crunches into my regimen. Will consult with Grace on that.

My Starfish Tiffany necklace broke earlier this week and I feel naked without it! I am going to take it in for repair tomorrow. They send ALL their repairs and cleanings to NY so it will take 2 weeks or so to get it back.

Hope you are having a good week. I can't believe it is already Thursday. Until next time...


17 comments:

  1. Just an FYI adding crunches really isn't going to help you loose fat off your stomach area. You can't spot reduce. Crunches will help with your core strength which is good too. I know it is frustrating but eventually your body will let go of it as you loose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty pitcher - did you paint it? Love it, and I'm sure your aunt will, too.

    How cool that you are feeling "firm" - nice to see the results of your workouts! My belly is still jiggly - smaller, but still jiggly. :( I'm curious to know what Grace will have to say about that (yours, I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My belly is jiggly too but I've already had a plastic surgeon tell me it's loose skin - boo! Oh well, at least I know I've got some abs under there. Congrats on feeling firmer, that is always a good thing once you're a certain age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu are doing so fantastic! I love seeing your bodybugg stats! It totally inspires me to get one!! :)

    I have giggly bits too. But i'll probably wait until after I reach close to my goal weight before having surgery to remove the extra skin.

    The pitcher that you painted for your aunt is so darling! I love it!! :)

    Have a wonderful Thursday and meeting with Grace!

    ~Kellie

    http://chubbygirldiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pitcher! I collect them and that one is super cute!

    so glad it wasnt spider bites. it always scares me too. especially knowing that the brown recluse is so popular in this area. im a freak about spraying inside and out during the spring.

    my tummy is going to be a sore spot for me as well and unfortunately the only way it will be "gone" is to have surgery at the end of my journey.

    Have a great rest of the day! Good luck with Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented that vase is beautiful.

    I am so glad you don't have spider bites after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vase. I'm sure it will be a great hit.

    I'm still waivering on the body bug. I like seeing the stats, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your challenge, I love the vase, your Aunt should love it. We have to be so careful with medications and how we react to them. I hope this all clears up for you soon. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My stomach is THE last place I ever lose weight or fat. It sucks but that's the way it is being a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pitcher....but love the new PICTURE (profile)even more!

    You are looking good Girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate my flabby belly!!!
    I am so happy those weren't spider bites that would have freaked me out to the point of not being able to sleep in that bed, I hate spiders!!
    Nice pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am having a pimple outbreak at the moment too and I know how you feel! I'm just putting on the medicine, watching what I eat, and hoping it will go away soon.

    Have fun at your workout tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you hear you are solving mysteries-you are a great painter. Is there no end to your talents?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pitcher is just adorable! You made it? That's some awesome talent!

    Crunches will strengthen your abs but won't make them smaller. The only way to lose the fat is to burn it off. Cardio and Weight training are kings for burning the excess fat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you liking the training? I am in love with mine, but I don't know if I can financially keep going strong. Fingers Crossed!

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is that a bodybugg print out? I've been thinking of getting one, how do you like it? I can justify spending the money on the actual device, but it's the monthly payment that gets me in the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katie. I love your pitcher! Are you still going to give it to your Aunt?!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...