Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My LHA Summer Challenge Kick Off


Today is the kick off for the My Long Hot Active Summer Challenge (MLHASC) This challenge is being hosted by Exquisite Christine. According to the challenge rules, I am supposed to post a picture of my weigh in and also a full length picture for the "Before" pic so here they are:

(I could have at least put on a bra for goodness sake)
The day to weigh in is on Wednesdays so I don't have to worry about changing my weigh day. The winners will be the ones who lose the most weight AND the person who does the most activity during the challenge. I will be going on my cruise late in the challenge so I will have to make sure I hit the gym on the ship everyday!


So you get to see my toes AND my lovely rash - eww
I am up from last weigh in but I am not stressing. According to Grace and from watching others, when you start a new exercise program that the weight is subject to fluctuate. I also am retaining fluid from the spider bites/allergic reaction. All I know is it will be in the 220s or lower by the end of this challenge darn it!

I got my letter mailed off to the State of California for the Non-Identifying information re: my birth parent(s). I would imagine it will take them some time to get the information back to me. There was no timeline noted on their website. I did include all the information requested plus a copy of the Adoption decree and my Birth Certificate so it should be fairly easy for them to cross reference the information. I am sooooooo curious, I am hoping it comes back fairly quickly. I think one of the biggest things will be to know what nationality. My whole life I have always had to say "I don't know because I am adopted" when someone asked me. Now, I can say "I am Irish" or "I am Italian" or whatever. Until next time...


23 comments:

  1. Yay Katie! This is the new challenge that I started too.

    (But, I don't see pictures up there.... I think Blogger ate 'em!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge - I like how you stated that you WILL be in the 220's by the end. Good attitude!!!

    Hope the state responds to your request quickly. I'm excited for you...and I'm going to guess Scottish with a bit of French thrown in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now I see them! Love that toe color you've got going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finger crossed all goes well with your adoption search.
    I will be posting my newest at home weight training workout if you want to try it and give me some feedback I would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see you in the 220's (or lower) by August 25th!! :-) We CAN do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right...weight fluctuates BIG time when starting a new program. You have the right idea, don't stress about it!!

    Good luck on the challenge and with your adoption search.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Katie, Just stopping by to wish you good luck on the challenge. You've got a great attitude and I'm sure we're gonna have some fun with this.
    A friend of mine just got to meet his birth mother. He said it was a very nice experience. I wish the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie, good luck with the challenge. I hope you are able to find out something soon on your adoption search. I have researched my ancestry and unfortunatly have found I'm just a mutt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the challenge!!! You are going to rock!

    I hope they get the info. back to you soon. I can't imagine not knowing anything and then knowing that soon things will start to become clear. Hopefully they will have info. to you in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh man, ive missed so much being away. g'luck in the family front but also on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah Katie!!! Good luck with the challenge you can do IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOHOO girl! You are looking fabulous!! And I just *know* that you will reach your goal by the end of the summer.

    Good luck with the family stuff! You must be so excited!

    Many (((HUGS)))

    ~Kellie
    http://chubbygirldiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck on the challenge! Love the nail polish toes. :D How's your husband's wrist?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. How about "I am fabulous"? Cuz you are! I hope you get the results back quickly. And I do believe Im gonna do this challenge too! YES I CAN! And there is NO reason you cant be in the 220's by the end of the challenge! Go Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are going to ROCK this challenge, girl!!!
    You know why?
    Because you already rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like you already! your nail polish is fabulous, and so is your attitude! :) and you're even going to work it out on vacation! keep that motivation and the 220s will be here in NO time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was not very long ago that I was at the weight you are now. I know it seems like forever when you are going through it but you will get there. I am now at 232 and can not wait to finally get into the 220's. It has been years since I broke through that damn 230 number!
    You go girl and we will get there together! I am going on vacation during this challenge too and I agree with your plan to keep up the workouts while out living it up!
    Can't wait to see how far we can come in just a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the LHAS Challenge. Keep up the good attitude!! It will be great to keep tabs on everyone with the challenge and seeing the great success in everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. (((Katie!!!))
    I've been gone too long, but am so glad to see you again AND we're LHASing together! :)

    Girl, you look fabulous! You've come so far!

    I hear you on the vacation thing. I'm in Florida for 2 weeks at the beginning of June (& am counting down the days til we leave) so I'll have work a little extra hard to no vacation eating pounds creep up & that I get my workouts in. Walking the beach sounds like a terrific workout to me! :)

    Great to see you're doing good. I'll be back to see how you're doing!

    Best wishes,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I look forward to following your journey!
    Beth

    ps - love the vase! She doesn't have to know it was for her 80th - you just knocked an item off your to do list

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have such a cool blog here!! And we are neighbors. It's a small world. :) And thanks for the comment. And I'm just holding out hope that my "after" picture magically makes me look like I could be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. But somehow, logic is prevailing. Heh. See you around the LHA playground!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's very exciting about the birthparent info, I hope you get back some helpful info!

    Thank you so much for participating in LHA! And . . . wow . . . a cruise! Live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bra - shma!
    Good job on looking great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...