Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Whackadoo Wednesday

Well lookey here it is already Wednesday!! Yay! We did not get our walk in. It was on me because I did not set our other alarm for 6:00 a.m. plus I went to bed at midnight. It is back on the agenda for tomorrow a.m.

Got on the scale this morning and it said 253. This is Weigh in #4 for the LHA Summer Challenge. I need to reassess my short and long term WL goals soon. I was hoping to be down a total of 100 lbs. by July 24th. I would have to lose 4.625 lbs. per week. It is achievable but quite a lofty goal. Need to ponder this for a bit.



I got my box of goodies from Seth yesterday! Dude knows how to do fab giveaways! I am anxious to use the body ball. I had one before but storing it was an issue because we lived in a studio. Now I have more room :-D

Dave and I got in a fight yesterday. It was over something really silly actually but my emotions were all over the place and it escalated from there. Some mean things were said but I am sure it will work itself out. Plus, I got off track on my medication and so it is making me a little whackadoo. I am going at lunch time to get my prescription filled.

I had my appt. with the SCC Adoption Agency yesterday. I met with Laurie and she was super sweet! Basically she witnessed me filing out a form called Consent to Contact. If the biological parents filled one out then the agency will facilitate the exchange of information. If they have not filled one out then I will have to petition the Superior Court. It will take her a few weeks to get back to me on the Consent to Contact and then a few months for the Non-identifying info. Apparently, they are about 3 months behind. We did talk a little about what I do know regarding my adoption and she asked me how things turned out, do I have a good life etc. I told her I WAS and AM spoiled so it's been good. What an interesting process this is. I feel a little like a slueth. Now all I have to do is wait...



Tonight is our end-of-the-year banquet for work which is for employees only. There are more then 500 of us! It will be at the Dolce Hayes Mansion (shown above.) I have an outfit I bought just for the occasion so I am excited to finally get to wear it. It will also work nicely for the cruise. I will ask someone to take pictures of me (Dave will be umpiring) so you can see. Well that is about it for now. Hope you have a good day! Until next time...





13 comments:

  1. Kind of interesting that you had a fight and the appointment so close together. Yep, I would have been emotional too.

    It will all work out. Have fun at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time tonight-can't wait to see the pics~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the pictures. The place looks so cool! You have a right to be emotional right now. There is a lot going on. I hope you get answers soon. I think the waiting would drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not wild about goals that put you in a bad place when you fall short. Just concentrate on stringing good days together, KJ. There's no time limit, no schedule for this magic to happen. But if you can honestly put together good days, good weeks... it'll happen a lot faster than you think.

    Get after it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot going on, so I would just chalk it up to emotions and I am sure it will blow over. Sometimes it's good just to vent and move on - happens to the best of us!

    Have fun tonight - can't wait to see your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Katie your process is moving so fast. My formal searched seemed like it took forever. I am glad it has been easy so far, and the women at the agency was nice sometimes they are not. My fingers are crossed and I am praying for good and fast results for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana and Biz have excellent points about the fight. Hope things are calmer today. Sounds like the adoption things are moving along - very interesting that she asked you how your life turned out.

    Enjoy your night out and I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, one more thing - goal setting is great - but don't make it too hard - over 4 pounds a week is a lot - even if you were living on the Biggest Loser ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot going on right now. Wishing you a good time at your party. Ooh la la a new outfit! I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so easy to fight when your emotions are running high. I hate arguing with my hubby, but I know more than often it's due to my own emotions. Hope things get better soon! Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fighting bites! Seems to me tempers flare faster when the emotions are churned up. I totally agree with what Jack said about goals. You can do it. Have fun at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie J - a little link and a song for you
    jump rope by blue october
    fingers crossed the link will work!

    jump rope by blue october on you tube

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time at the party. Hope to see pictures. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...