Thursday, August 27, 2015

Coming Clean

Holy Moley! It's hard to believe that it has been almost three months since I did a blog post! Honestly, it's been a rough 3 months. I actually gained 10 lbs. so I am at 249. I have been eating junk food and really not giving a crap about anything and it showed on the scale fo sho. It could have been worse and I am glad that I snapped out of it before it did.

I do suffer from depression and the added isolation of being here in AZ without much social interaction has fueled that. While I know I can handle tough things and things will get better, it was a rough go there for a bit. After awhile, I realized that no one is going to help me get out of this situation but ME. For me, one of the main issues is self worth. I need to remember that I matter and I am worth it. Soooooo.... I slowly but surely have been putting one foot in front of the other and trying to get things accomplished.

I went to the dentist which I had put off for way too long and still have a few more appts. to go. I went to the eye doctor and got new glasses. I have made an appt. to see a therapist too. I also got a new PCP and I like him. He actually prescribed Topamax which is usually prescribed for migraines or epilepsy which I don't have but apparently it also helps with satiety or feeling full. I have only been taking it for a week so it will be interesting to see if it helps.

I started taking Zumba classes at the local gym and today I signed up for a ton of Personal Training. I need to be accountable and think it will really help. Her name is Jessica and I like her. She has been heavy in her lifetime so she knows the struggle. We will be meeting twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then I will fill in the other days with classes. Not only is it good physically, its good socially and people have been really nice.

I do plan on posting here more. When I was steadily losing, I was posting here so I would like to go back to doing that.

Until next time...


 

4 comments:

  1. Hey - good to see you back here again. I hope your new routine works well. I've been checking back on your blog regularly and wondering whether you would return soon. I'm sure moving is challenging. 10 lbs is definitely not that bad, you'll be feeling better in no time. Keep up the exercise, those endorphins will help you mentally as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all the changes help... and your FitBit too! I am loving mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too kept checking back, hoping you would return. I look forward to you posting more frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!! Where are you??? Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...