Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bypass Surgery

About a year ago, my General Practitioner mentioned Gastric Bypass Surgery. It was a major blow to the ego. Almost as bad as hearing the diagnosis of MORBID OBESITY. I told my Dr. that I would take it into consideration but that I was scared. I did quite a bit of research on both the Gastric Bypass surgery as well as the Lap Band. I pretty much ruled out the Gastric Bypass surgery right away. Too invasive. The Lap Band was intriguing. It was less invasive and still covered by my health insurance. The results did not come as quickly as the Bypass surgery but still very effective. There are a lot of follow up appointments for the next 3-5 years after and I don't know if I could make that commitment.

I want to do this on my own! I don't want to have surgery to lose the weight. I think there are going to be life lessons to learn doing it the "natural" way. I have been reading more success stories and NONE of them had surgery so if they can do it then so can I!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. <--- morbidly obese also!!

    I am trying to get back on track and I am excited to see someone else working on it as well. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am reading from the beginning. So forgive the lateness of my comment.

    My GP also suggested to me that I get weight loss surgery of some sort. I might have taken the suggestion if my insurance paid for such things. Good thing it doesn't though since I found out that if you have any nausea at all when you have it, you have to take something to stop it or horrible things can happen. And she knew I was planning on having more kids relatively soon. Morning sickness would have made this just a horrrrible decision. This is the same one who told me that all I needed to do was eat more vegetables and the weight would just fall off... Well I ate a normal amount of vegetables then and I eat a massive amount of vegetables now and it's not falling off. If only! It's being ripped off with insane effort and work! I don't go to her anymore...

    Sorry that my first comment on your site is kinda a rant!

    Anyway, I've lost 35 pounds since I started without any kind of surgery, and you are doing such a great job! We don't need no stinkin' surgery! ;-) Congrats on your loss so far!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...