Friday, August 21, 2009

The "Real" Friday


I had Scallops last night but they were paired with prosciutto which was funky tasting. Oh well... I got on the scale this morning and was still at 264. I am glad it was not a gain. I am not surprised though because of excess sodium consumption and lack of water consumption. I just suck at drinking water.

I have had some NSVs lately so I will focus on the positive. One of them was getting in the back seat of Danielle's car. One day we had gone to Home Depot and she had some plants in the front seat and I needed to sit in the back. Now granted the seat could not be pushed forward all the way but it should have been enough room for me to get in and it wasn't. Well the other day I was able to sit in back to allow our friend Judy in the front (recent knee surgery) and I slipped in and out easily this time. Also, Dave and I went out for Brunch last Sunday and it was really busy. They sat us at a table that was fairly close to the next table. In the past I would not have even tried squeezing through and just sat in the chair on the front side but I was able to slide (not squeeze) through and sit comfortably. The third recent NSV was finding some shoes that have not fit in a few years. I hung on to them because they were expensive shoes and I am glad I did because now I can wear them again! Yay!

I don't have any concrete plans for tomorrow. Zumba is at 11:00 a.m. at the gym. I have only done one class at the gym but I do have the DVD at home. Otherwise I think I will get some stuff done around my place and enjoy one of the last days of summer. Hope you all have a nice weekend. Until next time...

XOXOX,

8 comments:

  1. Very cool NSV's - especially the shoes!!!

    Have a great weekend, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD JOB!!!! Have a blast at Zumba... that's one of my FAVORITE classes to take at the gym! Have a lovely weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget how surprised I was when I had lost all my weight and tried to put on a pair of fall shoes (my goal was met in the summer)--could not believe how big they were!

    I never thought that feet could be fat but there you are :) Congrats on your NSV's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT TO DO THOSE CLASSES!!!
    I see from your link its big in South Africa and going home next week, will see if I can attend a class...have to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your NSVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on all those NSVs! The shoes struck me...I have such a difficult time with shoes, and I hope my feet shrink a little on this journey, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congrats on all the NSV's!! Sorry your motivation is low - it happens to all of us. Hang in there, it will come back!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...