Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This and that


Decent deficit for yesterday. 25 mins of activity.

My mom called me Sunday morning (I was at church) and she asked me if I could come over and help her study for her written DMV test. I was with Dave and was not able to. I told her I would come over Monday after work. Her response was "if that is what I have to settle for..." I was upset by her comment and I think that is why I chose to drink in excess Sunday. I am perfectly happy with a glass of wine or two... drinking 4 beers and two shots is a binge. Not good. I have been a little looser about my alcohol lately and that is not good either. Physically, mentally or calorie wise. So... I went over there last night and it was a little tense at first but it was okay. We went to the Fish Market (go figure) and I had Mahi Mahi. We got back to her house and I tutored her and she said she felt much better. She did really well and I am just hoping she can do okay tomorrow. Part of it is anxiety which happens to everyone but with the added memory and vision issues it is compounded. Interesting fact: She has never been in an accident or had a ticket ever and she is 76.

I have been spending a lot of time on the computer lately. I need to schedule time to exercise and stick to a plan. I need to make sure I take care of myself. I need to use my time more wisely. It is the little steps that lead to bigger steps and little changes lead to more changes. I think that is why the C25K program would be good for me. It is achievable and thousands of people have been able to accomplish it. A 5K is on my list of reasons why I want to lose weight (at bottom of page) so I could mark it off the list. I will lose quicker with bigger deficits. I will increase my flexibility and strength. It will help with my health issues. I will have more energy. ALL GOOD THINGS!! So now that I have written it down I am putting it out to the Universe, God and you all. Anyone wanna join me? Until next time...

XOXOX,


5 comments:

  1. My mom drives me to drink, too.
    That way I have a designated driver. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had to wean myself off the computer as well, sitting here does not burn calories....so I only allow myself on a few hours a day, and only after I've done my workout for the day...otherwise...we know what happens, we get so caught up here and time moves on, but us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, pretty new background. I think this one might be my favorite yet, but so many of them have been so nice :)

    I know what you mean about how easy it is to let the computer consume you.

    Some part of me is saying that I should try to join you in couch to 5k, but part of me is still a little hesitant. Let me think about it a bit, but I may well be joining you on the C25k journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started C25K last week. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to let you know that I put your name up for an award on my site! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...