Monday, January 11, 2010

Beautiful Monday & Shout Out!


My back is feeling better today. I think the stretches and applying heat to it really helped.  I did a whole lot of nothing yesterday.  I did some light housecleaning but that was about it as far as motivation.

I was able to get 3 short walks in last week which was good. I want to do at least 3 this week but extend the route substantially.

Did alright on food too. Although I did not have my bugg on nor did I track my calories consumed.  I also forgot to take my meds yesterday. I retain water if I don't take the pills so I am feeling a little puffy this morning.

I have my appt. with Ms. R at 5:15 p.m. tonight. Hope it all goes smoothly and they accept my application. The hours are:

Monday through Thursday: 7 am - 7 pm

Friday: 7 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 3 pm
Sunday: Closed

I want to alternate swimming there with walks in my neighborhood and classes at the gym. Some of my favorite classes at the gym do not start until 7:30 or 8:00 which is late for me. When did I get to be such a fuddy duddy...sheesh... I need to come up with a plan of action.


Miss Candy over at Melting Candy has bestowed me with a Beautiful Blogger Award. You are too sweet Candy!  The rules of this award are to tell you 7 things you don't know about me and to pass it on to 7 other recipients. So here goes on the 7 things and I will post the 7 recipients tomorrow.
  1. I have two college degrees. I have an AA in Business Management and a BS in Business/Marketing.
  2. I don't like war movies of any kind. I will change the channel immediately if there a gun battle of any sort on TV. This stems from my father having been shot in Korea. It reminds me what he must have gone through and that is not entertaining to me.
  3. I started smoking cigarettes at 13 years old and I still smoke :-(
  4. I started drinking alcohol at 13 years old and was arrested for being drunk in public.
  5. I love to sing and have always dreamed of a musical career
  6. I do not like to eat or drink anything that is blue except for blueberries
  7. I think I am hip for my age - I make it a point to keep current with music, lingo and current events.
I wanted to give a big shout out to Jack Sh*t. He hit Onederland over the weekend!  There are 129 comments on that post. He must be feeling all the bloggy love! If you have never read Jack's blog NOW is a good time to start. Run don't walk over there and check him out.

Hope you all have a great week! Until next time...



P.S. Don't forget to enter MY giveaway!

15 comments:

  1. ...now I'm trying to think of what other foods are blue!

    Congrats on the award - you ARE a beautiful blogger, Katie!

    Glad your back is feeling better, and I hope your meeting with Mrs. R goes great and you get in to that program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie - Congratulations on your well deserved award. I started smoking and drinking about the same age as you - but I don't do either one anymore. Trust me, the world's a better place without alcohol in Leslie! Glad you're back is feeling better. And if you think you're a fuddy duddy now, wait until you're in the last half of your 50s! I'm usually asleep by 8:30 unless I'm out. If I'm home, I nod off practically standing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that your back is feeling better. I miss swimming for exercise. That played such an important part in my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you said fuddy duddy!!! You're freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award! :o) So glad your back is a little better today. BTW, 'grotty' means 'horrid' (or that sort of thing!)

    I think I'm turning into a right old fuddy duddy myself! I caught myself saying to Craig yesterday "The youngsters today..." lol I've never been that hot on chart music as I tend to prefer alternative/hard rock (that's my excuse!) but I'm grateful I look younger than 39 (or so I've been led to believe....!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katie,

    Congrats on the award! And I loved learning non-weight-loss related things about you!

    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award. I'm not sure that's such a great award if you have to confess things.
    I like to think I'm hip for my age too but I think that is part of aging. ;-)

    I'm glad your back is feeling better. And thanks for your very supportive comment earlier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in bed by 7:30, but I'm no fuddy duddy either. I've got to be up at 2 a.m. UGH! *yawn*

    Congrats on your well deserved BBA.

    Although my Dad wasn't shot in Korea, I too don't like a lot of 'war movies'. He told me a few awful things that happened and I just can't see the entertainment value.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award. You deserve it! Glad your back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Katie! Walking is magic for getting in shape.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  11. There aren't too many blue foods. Are there? Now I'm thinking about that. Heh.

    Swimming is great exercise. Sounds like a good plan. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Congrats on the award, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award Katie! You deserve it!
    Im with you on the war movies, cant stand (though I am a fan of Braveheart...but no guns). So glad your back is feeling better and hope it stays that way! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're too much, KJ. That's for the superduper shoutout, sister.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...