Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Get moving!

I consumed about 1904 calories yesterday. I did not have my bugg on so I imagine I did burn a little more then that. Excess calories were from a 2nd helping of garlic mashed potatoes and 2 packs of 100 calorie Oreo Cakesters. Someone recently asked me why I wasn't consistent about wearing the bugg. It is really a matter of habit for me. If I am wearing it consistently then it is harder for me to forget but once I forget then it takes me a little while to get back in the habit. Well needless to say I have it on today.

I really need to get moving. I feel like a friggin sloth. My lower back has been sore and I think it is from the lack of activity as of late. I have been watching WAY too much TV and not getting my butt in gear. Especially with having the DVR, there is no excuse why I can't get my exercise in and then watch it once everything is done.

Dave made my lunch this morning so it would be a good idea if I walked over to the workout room in the other building during my lunch hour and did something. Even if it is just 10 or 15 mins. That is a mindset that I need to change. It is okay to do 10 mins here and 10 mins there vs. blocking out a half hour to do it. As long as it is moving that is what matters most. I have mentioned before but there is also a Creek Trail that borders my office building. It extends for 9.7 miles and is a lovely spot to walk or bike ride. I need to make it part of my every day routine darn it! Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. You got this! I am definitely in love of using the local parks and trails. I live in Santa Clara County and I use Hellyer Park all the time. Maybe one day we can go on a hike! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the Nike slogan says Katie, sometimes you gotta "Just Do It."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a right lazy mare these past few weeks and although I'm going to suffer from today's workout activities, I'm glad I did them! I just need to get back into the swing of daily workouts and I'm positive I'm in the right frame of mind now to do that. :o)

    What's this 'bugg' you talk about?! I'm intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this and if you do a little here and there then that is a start and better then nothing. If you end up adding that to a regular workout then you are even better off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 53 pounds gone. you're doing great. keep it up. just started myself a few days ago.. have about 200 pounds to go. will be looking to your blog for inspiration!

    Thanks,
    ETL2010
    http://eattolive2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katie, do you ever do leslie sansone videos? I've read a lot of people watch TV while doing Leslie walks in front of it--without Leslie. That way you can watch and exercise at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little's better than none at all, but I know you can do more than a little, KJ. Get moving... we're trying to make 2010 a kick-ass year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the Golden Oreo cakesters for the first time yesterday. Im not a "sweets" person but man oh man are they amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like we are on the same journey. :) It will be fun to check in with you and compare ideas. I can't have those 100 cal snacks. I just want to eat the whole box of them. (especially the shortbread cookies)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I say, some effort is better than none at all. One small step leads to the next. :) Starting somewhere is a great decision.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you made it to the workout room today. It's a tough mindset to break out of, the "all or nothing" but that's what made us overweight in the first place.

    Watch the Biggest Loser tonight - I bet that will get you motivated to get moving, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can do this!!!!! We just need to get out of our own way sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I suggest an hour of continuous brisk walking, 7 days a week, with no extra food. It will be a miracle for you, you'll see!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...