Thursday, March 18, 2010

Silver Lining


Yesterday was kind of an odd day - Food wise I did okay. We went to Su's and I did not overeat. I did have a Kirin Ichiban and 2 small egg rolls but still had an okay deficit.

The bad part about yesterday was that I got in a spiff with one of my coworkers. We worked it out ultimately but she decided it was okay to berate me in front of God and everybody which was very humiliating. I ended up excusing myself and going outside to get some fresh air
(smoke a cig)We resolved it once I got back but that is never fun.

Then, one of my other coworkers did a beautiful landscape drawing for me as a thank you for helping him with a computer project. What a nice surprise and so thoughtful. It made me feel a little better and not like such a heathen.

The good part was that Danielle and I decided to go by a bar called the Homestead Lounge to see the bartender that works there. Well, I bumped into some old friends I had not seen in at least 15 years! It was SO good to see them and Madonna (one of the girls) kept hugging me and telling me how fantastic I looked. It was a boost to the morale based on the events at work earlier in the day.

Tonight I am making a Pork Tenderloin for dinner. It is Peppercorn flavored and so moist and yummy plus they are super easy to make. Potatoes and snap peas for the sides. Hoping to get a walk in this evening. Hoping today is a better day! Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. That was an odd day. so much good and bad mixed together. Public humiliation is always hard to get over! Kind of hangs around like a shadow. I'm glad so many good things happened, too. You know, you really are on your way! :D Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always fun to run into old friends... especially when they are so sweet like that & you definitely deserved it after the day at work. Hope today is a great day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an up and down day but I am glad that it ended on a good note. That makes it better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll admit, it's always a little strange reading about some of the same places that I frequent. Some place back in my mind says all other bloggers are somewhere else. Anyhow, Su's is great, although I have a hard time staying away from that little appetizer bar.

    Those odd days always throw me off, but it sounds like you had a pretty good handle on it. The good usually manages to balance out the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the co-worker issue - those are the WORST. At least you didn't cry...that would be me. Glad that your day was salvaged by good friends, though - isn't it nice to have such wonderful people in your life?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say exactly what Shelley said, issues with coworkers are the worst. You don't know how to deal with them, how they'll react, how to effectively diffuse the situation. And you know that you have to go back there everyday. Good for you for just excusing yourself. I would have cried for sure. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. What an emotional rollercoaster. I would be exhausted. I hope that you have had a better day, and they locked that other coworker into her closet again. And promoted the landscape drawing guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made pork tenderloin last night. I love those marinated ones - I could eat the whole damn thing by myself (but never have!).

    Those weird work relationship issues are always tough. Very awkward. Glad it sort of got resolved. Correcting or critiquing someone in front of others is always a big violation in my book. Hope you stood up for yourself KJ.

    Nice you got the kudos from the old friend. That does boost morale and motivation, doesn't it? Have a good night KJ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so much fun to reunite with overdue friends, it hasn't happened to me in a while, but I remember how excited I was.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your co-worker. I HATE it when people do things like that in front of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to hear about your co-worker too, I don't do well in those kind of situations. The painting sounds really cool and I am glad you had fun last night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your co-worker was just awful today. I'm glad that's over with. I'm happy you ran into some old buds though. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you had a rotten time with one of your co-workers. I'm glad you managed to resolve it, but even so, I would have been fuming for ages afterwards (and probably plotting ways to get my own back!)

    What good timing that your other coworker did that piece of art for you. :o)

    Always good to receive compliments - I hope you're getting good at receiving them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooo pork is doing the blogging rounds!

    sorry about the spat with your co worker but yay for the watercolour!

    nice on bumping into the old friends!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...