Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wii Wii! Yipee!

So where do I begin. Hmmm okay... well I did not have surgery. What the appt. was for was a "consult" and to "explain" the procedure. I already did all my homework and I was super mad that they collected another copay (already saw Primary Dr.) and now I am in the queue for the surgery. I will be contacted in the next two weeks to schedule it. I did learn that it does require scraping between the bones. I just wish they had set the proper expectation instead of having to psych myself up all day for it. Grrr...

I had a really good day Saturday. I watched The Princess and the Frog. It was cute and I loved the New Awlins Jazz music on the soundtrack. I wonder why all the Disney characters lose or have lost their fathers... Hmmm anyways... I went to help my mom with her computer and did some errands. I stopped at Starbucks and had one of the egg white wraps and those buggers are pretty darn tasty. Had a nice afternoon hanging out and made an Asian Chicken Salad and some croissants for dinner. Delish. We decided to go and get a new laptop which we really needed. My old one was 6 years old and boggin big time. It is a 17" screen so it easier on the eyes and surprisingly lightweight. So Dave knows I have been wanting a Wii so he got it for me while we were there!!! Danielle said she would buy the Wii Fit so we can use it. How cool is that! Meanwhile... tennis anyone? Oh and I got a little printer that prints 4x6 pictures only. It is super cute and I want to use it to make homemade greeting cards. I will show you some of my work soon, k? Also got a short walk in before I went to bed.

Sunday is the Tom. Dick and we don't know a Harry Birthday bash. BBQ and booze. I will make an appearance but I am too tempted to drink beer if I hang out too long. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Until next time...


9 comments:

  1. Sorry about that appointment - can't wait to see the cards you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney kills off the moms, too - Bambi, anyone? I still haven't seen that movie - probably will get to watch it with my niece when I am out in Cali this summer.

    Woohoo for the new computer! Fun times!!! I still don't have a laptop but am crushing on those cute little netbooks (so I can blog from bed, lol). And you will have lots of fun with the Wii - just don't get tennis elbow!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating to be expecting surgery and then just get raked around! The medical profession/insurance industry makes me crazy!

    Enjoy your Wii! Be careful in the beginning - I have a friend who works in an ER and she says they see a lot of people who pull things (body parts) doing Wii in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there am back!!
    Am so so lost - have no idea what is going on in your life at the moment...will have to go back to see what you've been up to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry that you were all prepared and they did that. Sometimes I think docs. don't have it all going on in the head.

    Glad you got the Wii!! I love it though I have not gotten the board or anything bc I get mixed reviews on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Disney has been knocking off a lot of moms, too. Finding Nemo ... Chicken Little ... both with dads and no moms. I do love The Princess & The Frog, though, and also mostly because of the music. I think Randy Newman did most of the music for it (and most of the other Disney movies from the past 20 years, it seems). The man is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a brand new computer! Enjoy your Wii - all my friends who have them, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We watched Princess and the Frog too. The boys lose their moms the girls lose their dads.

    I hope that the doctor gets his act together and everything goes smoothly.

    Most especially I hope you have FUN with your Wii!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, sorry the surgery didn't happen yet...How cool, a new laptop and a Wii! How fun!
    The princess and the frog was the first movie my oldest went to (with her dad). She loved it, so I got it on DVD for Easter (to put in her basket)...I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...