Monday, April 5, 2010

Shout out and Easter Monday

First of all I have to give a shout out to 266! She just met her goal today and I am so happy and proud of her! Her pics on the sidebar are just amazing! If you have never stopped by her blog, please check it out and leave a comment if you are so inclined.

I did not wear my bugg over the weekend so no screenshots. I was not active and therefore tried not to consume too much. I pretty much hung around the apartment the whole weekend. Saturday I watched recorded shows on my DVR and I watched Precious and that was a good movie. Sunday, I mostly worked on my filing. I ended up purging a bunch of old paperwork and am ready to bring in the newer file cabinet I got from work and get it done once and for all. That should pretty much complete my Clear Clutter Campaign. Wahoo! It has taken me a long time to get it done (enternal procrastinator) But it is a great feeling.

I tried an old recipe yesterday to make Chicken Adobo and I think I cooked it too long (crock pot) because the flavor was off (vinegar) AND I burnt the rice so dinner was a Fail. Oh well, guess you can't win them all huh?

We are in a situation at the apartment and I am not sure what to do. The neighbor upstairs makes a lot of noise, uses drug, has lots of traffic coming in and out and is the apartment manager. My lease is up this month and I seriously do not relish the thought of finding a place, packing and moving again in the next 25 days (I have only been there 6 months) There are a lot of positives to living there and so we are at a crossroads. I am leaning towards staying there another 6 months and planning a move then doing it on the fly. It is just no fun being woke at 4:00 a.m. to screaming and loud music let alone the less then derelicts that come in and out of his place. BIG SIGH...

Well I am going to end this on a positive note: I am down 4 lbs. from last Wednesday. I was 263 and now I am 259 again. Whew! I am taking it and updated my ticker accordingly. Also, I have a few NSV's that I have been wanting to mention. One is I can see bones in my feet which I just marvel at and I also can feel my hip bones. Another one is that my butt is tighter and smaller and a few people have mentioned it so yay for that. Hoping you all have a fantastic week! Until next time...

20 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats on the loss, amazing! I need to get some serious clutter out of my house (mainly old photos and paperwork.)

    Sorry about your housing situation. I am not "fond" (ok I hate them) my neighbors. I wish we could move but alas, we are stuck for a bit.

    Have a great week Katie!


    Julia
    http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter dear Katie...

    I would struggle with moving again and I've been here for about 2 years so can imagine how you feel after only 6 months.
    Horrible that we cant chose who we live next do...its always a risk.
    We might have to move to the East of Germany so yesterday took a drive around that side and that was exactly what I told hubby...how do you know what the neigbours are going to be like...
    Good luck with that one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the one thing i hate, moving!!
    Congratulations on a great loss this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job losing weight over a holiday weekend! You must not be an Easter candy monster like I am.

    Good luck with the apartment decision. What a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big pain in the neck trying to decide what to do about the apartment. Of course, that's the whole problem with apartments - you just never know what you'll get. Off to look at 266 blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the loss!

    Okay, about your neighbours... You have a couple of options. Since you can't complain to the manager about their activities, you have to option of going right to the owner of the property, bypassing the low life manager and friends all together.

    Or you can just wait until things got going up there and call the police.

    Either way, you run the risk of retaliation by the noise making, drug swilling low lifes. Not a good situation.

    Personally, I would pack my little bags and get the heck out of Dodge. ASAP. Seriously, you don't need the stress, noise and BS of living below such scum. You deserve peace and quiet and safety in your own home.

    Just my own humble opinion. I hope that you reach a solution that works for you. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thanks so much for the shout out, Katie; you are too sweet! Way to go on your weigh-in and NSV's! You are making serious progress again! I hope the situation in the apartment resolves itself soon - I have been there and it is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the NSV & your weight loss. I hate moving period. Why I married a military man is beyond me...lol Is there a way to see if there is another unit if you really like that place?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on the great weigh-in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YeeHaw. I'm excited for you. Back on your way. AND, you have sexy feet and buns! WooT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy crap - 4 lbs - I ate 4lbs in chocolate bunnies! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no, I hate when I FAIL at dinner. Sorry :(

    CONGRATS on the loss!! Whoohoooo! :) Keep up the great work my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Katie - nice job on the loss! You are truly "on your way" - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. People are checkin' out your BUTT woowoo!! Dinner downers totally feel like they crash a day, but they don't!! You're doing so wonderfully, so smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Katie! Just dropping by to say, "Hey!" Congrats on the loss! Love those losses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katie, congratulations, and bones on your feet and hip bones. that is exciting. keep doing such a good job. I just keep doing...Too bad about the noise in the apartment...have you tried earplugs, those spongy ones, they work for me. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. here's to tightersmallerbooties and to the fab 266 making GOAL!
    its only tuesday too.

    Fingers cross more great stuff flows our way...

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SOOOOOO lucky to have a good place to stay.
    Hope that works out for you,
    so you can change the girl on the sidebar's face from being "fed up"!
    Congrats on the bones!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie J., I am a property manager and I bet that the building manager or owner would be interested in knowing what is going on. I would suggest that you contact the police each and every time you suspect laws are being broken AND you send a letter to the manager or owner and let them know. If you do not know who owns the building, you can get the information from public records (usually the tax assessor's office has self-service computers and you can look up by address). You shouldn't have to move to have a safe place to live. Landlord-tenant law in EVERY state gaurantees that if you pay rent, you have the right to peaceful enjoyment of the dwelling. Email me if you have any questions or if you need help amandakiska@yahoo.com. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...