Friday, April 2, 2010

Funkified Friday

I don't have a screenshot because I have not had my Bodybugg on since Wednesday. I did okay with food for the most part yesterday. One thing I noticed though is that the Cran Bran Vitamuffins have quite a bit of fiber in them (Insert TMI) Had veggie Pizza for dinner.

Warning: I am a little ranty today. I didn't want to come to work. There isn't a whole bunch to do since it is Spring break and my hand hurts. I would rather be home curled up with a blanket watching a movie or reading. I also need to get a rental car today so I can get around over the weekend. Once I came to work this morning, I put my lunch in the fridge and noticed that some of my food/snacks are gone. It just really pisses me off. I would be more then happy to give you something of mine if you ask me but how do you rationalize just taking it? Grrrr... The one time I had a Lean Cuisine from the freezer that was not mine, I replaced it the next day. I know who the culprits are but I can't say anything to them. I am going to start hiding things and putting them in lunch bags in the back. Hopefully that will curtail the problem.

My plans for the weekend have changed. Originally, I was going to go to the Outlet stores with my mom on Saturday. Now that I don't have my car and the fact that it is going to be raining has put a kibosh on that plan. As for Sunday, she has decided not to get together which will be the first time in 43 years I have not been with her on Easter. They will be doing a turkey and all the fixings at the bar but I am not sure I want to go there. Not that I have any desire to drink anytime soon but... I could always just make something nice for Dave, HG and I. Speaking of HG, it looks like he might be vacating next week. That is the current plan but is subject to change again. We shall see how it all pans out. Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. Hi, I just hate that when the food disapears on you, when I was working it was shoes. I always left a couple of pair at work and voila often a pair would disapear. I was sure I knew who it was, but at least they never wore them in front of me. I hope you have a great weekend whatever you decide to do. What did you do to your hand. I feel like I am so behind since I was visiting with family. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate obnoxious people that take things from group refrigerators. Seriously, it's one of my biggest pet peeves!

    And LOL on the fiber. It happens, haha.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would make me mad, too - if I know I have certain foods at work, I plan them into my meals for the day...and if they had mysteriously disappeared, I'm afraid the Incredible Hulk in me would come out. Do not mess with my food! Sorry you are dealing with this - why can't you say something, especially if you know who did it?

    As for Easter, maybe you could start your own tradition...it doesn't necessarily have to be traditional, even, but put your special "Katie J" stamp on it.

    Hope your day gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHA*gasp*HAHAHAHAHA.

    Okay, I might be a little loopy since Chickadee had the opposite TMI issue this morning. Again.

    Maybe they make insulated lunchboxes you can lock two zippers together with in the fridge. Wouldn't that be hilarious? Have a good weekend, however it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the food filching is a pretty universal problem, but all the same it really, really bugs me. I started labelling my foods with my name, and occasionally leave notes on the bag when it starts up with messages indirectly aimed at the culprits. I'm also not great at subtlety, and have a bad habit of mentioning (in a loud voice) how annoying it is when people steal your food.

    Sorry it happened to you, and you can't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every office I've ever worked at had a "fridge" stealer - it just makes no sense to me? If I didn't buy/make lunch why would it be okay to steal someone else's food??

    Hang in there this weekend - I hope you have a great Easter whatever you decide to do - maybe a low key day is just what you need?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year I have escaped the big Easter meal. That's good becuase it's usually 9000 calories or more, worse than Thanksgiving. People speak of going on a crash diet the nect day to get ready for summer, but I don't want the pigging out at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once at work, someone was eating all the food in the work fridge.
    So this nurse made a sandwich out of ALPO dog food.
    (It wasn't me - that would be too mean, even for me!)
    Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Food thieves are the worst! I say hide food in your desk or just bring it on the day you're eating it, so no one has access to it otherwise. Cause if they have no problem snaking it in the first place, they probably have no problem going through bags in the back either. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...