Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dave got Whacked!



Last night I hung out with Danielle and we had Ribs for dinner with baked potatoes and garlic bread. Watched some TV and I was in bed by 10:30 p.m. Well about 12:30 p.m. Dave came in and woke me up. He had gotten hit in the wrist by a foul ball going over 100 mph! He had tried to call me a number of times but I did not hear either phone :-( When I am asleep I am pretty much zonked out. Well I woke up and felt guilty for not being able to wake up and answer the phone. He iced for awhile and told me all that happened and he decided that if it was still swollen this a.m. that he would go to the hospital. Well after he dropped off his granddaughter at school this a.m. he went to the hospital. Poor guy! Ugghhh it looked so painful. I of course offered to take him there but he declined. Stubborn Guss...

Tonight I am going to go to the Senior Center with my neighbor Clara. She was not aware that she could use the facilities (She is 51) so I am going to go with her so she can get enrolled. I am not authorized to use the work out equipment and I can't swim with the 30 bazillion spider bites so I will need to Wii it. I will most likely make an easy dinner. Chicken, veggie and salad I think.

As mentioned previously, here are the 3 recipients of the Oh My Blog Award:

Drazil at Me, Drazil and Sheniqua
Julia at JewliaGoulia
Jenn at Watch My Bump Grow

Well that is about it for now. It is going to be 74 degrees today. Perfect spring weather! Hoping for a decent weigh in tomorrow. Until next time.



Update: Dave has a major contusion but it is not broken or fractured thank goodness. He was off to his game this afternoon like normal. Can we say hard headed? If it were me, I would be icing it like a mad dog. Oh well...

13 comments:

  1. Two things: Ribs make me drool just thinking about them; and ouchies on Dave's wrist - hope it's not broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex-boyfriend used to umpire and I remember all the bruises and injuries. It is definately not for the weak! I hope his wrist isn't seriously injured. Enjoy the nice weather & the Wii Fit! I hope you are recovering too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know if you meant whacked as in Godfather type whacking or what! So glad it was "only" a baseball. Hope he's ok. Ribs = yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shopped yesterday. I got some fantastic sandals at the Walking Company (Zealand's). They are buy one, get one 40% off. I also spent some time a Lord & Taylor (department store, and went nuts on a Adrianna Papell dress and a Jones NY dress. A bit pricey, but I feel like a real woman in them. So curious what you got at Coldwater. I have a gift card burning in my pocket. Still need bathing suits. Any ideas?

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, thanks so much for the award. I am going nuts with school but I will pass it along sometime next week when I start catching up on everything I've missed/passed over during this last few weeks of the semester.

    Whew. . .

    Enjoy the weather!

    Julia
    http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Helen. I was thinking you might have had Dave really whacked. I thought you sure were brazen to post about it! LOL :-)

    Sorry he's hurt, but happy it was only a baseball to the wrist.

    Just the thought of ribs makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...I hope his wrist is okay...that must have hurt like hell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness it isn't broken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on the weigh in, glad Dave is okay, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eww... Hope Dave is feeling better... Good luck with the weigh-in! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum. i want ribs.
    im a deep sleeper too. DEEEP.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...