Thursday, May 27, 2010

Throbbing Thursday


Had a fairly uneventful evening. I was able to change my bandages and take a shower thank goodness. I was feeling a little ripe. The finger is throbbing a little but I am still taking Darvocet so it is manageable. I had a tuna sandwich from Togo’s for lunch yesterday and saved the rest for dinner, plus I had some crackers and cheese. Taking the antibiotics messes with my appetite so that is why the calories consumed are so low. Watched American Idol and tripped out on some of the performers like Alice Cooper and Joe Cocker. Whoa!


Have you guys heard of the new product The Valet from Cisco? It is a new router that enables you to have wireless Internet throughout your home by simply plugging it into your USB port and within a few minutes you are up and running. They are $99 and $149 for larger homes. I found mine on Amazon for $89 but I had them ship it overnight so that added to the cost. Dave decided that he was going to give it to me as an early birthday present. Yay! I will be able to connect my Wii, my laptop, my iPhone and our Direct TV. It will come today via FedEx so I will let you know how it goes once I get it installed. Apparently, there is a whole multitude of shows like movies and exercise available On Demand through Direct TV if you have it connected to the Internet. Who knew?


Sylvia over at Big Steps to Take gave me the Sunshine Award, thank you hon! The rules for the award are to pass it on to 12 bloggers that bring you Sunshine. Well you ALL bring me sunshine so I am breaking the rules and giving it to ALL of you.

Sarah at Pound and a half a week gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you Miss Sarah! I need to come up with a list of 7 things you don't know about me so I will be brainstorming on that and post it soon. Tonight I have a 6:00 p.m. appt with Grace. Obviously I won't be doing too many hand things. I am sure she will make up for it somehow LOL. Until next time...




P.S. Jack Sh*t posted my pictures on today's version of W.I.D.T.H. in case you missed them the other day.

15 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that your legs are about to "feel the burn!" Go Katie Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice Cooper looked like a zombie, and not because of make up. Me and the hubby were both looking at each other like, "whaaa?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentle hug for you and your throbbing finger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That router looks Veeeeerrrry interesting. I'll have to have a consult with one of my tech savvy sons about it. If I could use my laptop upstairs, it'd be great!

    Hope that finger stops throbbing. Keep it elevated higher than your heart when you're able.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better!!! Hope the throbbing subsides!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you feeling better. Thank goodness for drugs....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool router - that may be something we can use in our house...looking forward to hearing how you like it.

    Hope your finger is getting better! And good luck with Grace tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your pain free soon! I bet your abs and legs are going to be worked out tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the awards. Hope the pain goes away soon. We have that router.I love it!! Ours isn't as pretty though. It is all black. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fiance had an ipod touch for a whole year before our internet provider let us know we could just plug in a diff cord and viola wifi-pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep it up and it won't throb so much.
    Oh, yes, it will still throb!
    But maybe not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED your photos on Jack's blog today! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the well-deserved awards! Hope your finger feels a LOT better soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great early birthday present! We love wireless - we can even use the laptop outside in our gazebo!

    Happy Friday Katie!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...