Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Anxious Annie

I did better with food yesterday during the day. I had a Chef Salad for dinner but then ate too much cheesy garlic bread. Gave me a belly ache. Ughh... Another fresh slate this a.m.

My head is spinning right now. I know things will work out so I am not worried about that but I am on information overload. We are almost finished with the old apartment. I have not had any conversations with the landlord lately and no emails either. Maybe they are realizing I am not messing around. Who knows but boy will I be glad when that sh*t is done with. Then there is the whole bio family thing. I talked to my youngest bio brother this morning and happened to share his picture with my mom and she did not react well. When I told her about discovering all of this new info and my bio family she appeared to be understanding and supportive but now that a little time has gone by I think she is having mixed feelings. I just keep reminding her how blessed I was and that she is MY mom. Period. I did join an online Adoptee support group to get some ideas on how other people handle this situation. I have reached out to the people I know already so this is just another resource of help and information. All of this and I am packing and leaving on vacation in 3 days while trying to maintain my full time job and my relationship with Dave. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

We are leaving for the cruise this Friday the 23rd in the a.m. I am so anxious!!! We will fly up to Seattle and spend the night there and then embark the ship on Saturday the 24th. We will return on Saturday the 31st. I am looking forward to the R&R once we get there but whew it is a task for me to get everything done before I go. I need to remember to breathe... Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Have a great time on the cruise, and stay away from the garlic bread. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot going on. Just remember to enjoy yourself and your cruise. And take lots of pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie...yes I was just going to say that it sounds like you've got a few things going on there emotionally. So enjoy the up and coming trip my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathing is good...extremely good. :D

    So is joining the support group, I think. They may have some helpful input.

    A nice bit of R&R right now is perfect timing!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even Anxious Annie's can still wrap it up and have a great time!
    You already have this one wrapped up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an unbelieveable amount of stuff you have going on now! Just stay in the day and do the next thing that is in front of you. I agree that a support group is an excellent idea. And if it doesn't feel like a fit...nothing lost. Hang in, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting that the cruise is so close! You have a lot on your plate right now, it'll be good for you to have some r&r.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time on your trip...can I come with you??? Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOO EXCITING and yet so much to wrap up before you can...git to the excitement.

    one day at a time. one moment at a time. one exhale at a time.

    xo xo

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...