Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wilting Wednesday (LHA Weigh #14)



Had a good time last night at the game. I went a little overboard with food though. I brought a sandwich with us so I ate that as soon as we got there. Then I had small nachos with cheese and an ice cream sandwich. Then after the game we went to pizza and I had a slice without toppings and a small salad. It could have been worse and I still have a deficit but it is more then I usually eat.


Here is Dave in action



Dave and his fellow umpires (I called them grumpy umps!)

I met one of the other umps girlfriend and we hit it off. Her name is Becky. She was adopted in a neighboring county and is curious to find out medical information so I am going to help her with that. She lives right by my work and there is a trail that runs along the creek so we are hoping to get in some walks before the weather gets funky. Speaking of info, I emailed my contact at Santa Clara County and she mailed out the non-identifying info so I am anxious to see it. It basically has anything that would be of interest to me without names. I think it may answer so more questions. I should get it today.

Got on the scale this morning and I am up 2 lbs. I am so done losing and gaining the same damn 2 lbs! Grrrrrrrrr!!! I think that using my bodybugg regularly again and increasing my exercise will help me get out of this cycle. I have every resource available to me as far as exercising and I question why I am so resistant. I have a gym at work. There is a beautiful creek trail by work. I have a gym membership to 24hr fitness (13 years) and I can go to ANY location. I have the Wii. I have exercise DVDs. So what is keeping me from doing it?? Lazy? Scared? Afraid? Tired? I need to dig deep and see what is making me not go for it.

Tonight Dave and I are going to have PF Chang's Lo Mein for dinner. They just came out with a line of frozen foods. I have never tried it but I am hoping it is good. We will have broccoli and snow peas with it. I have been squuezing lemon juice on my broccoli and liking it. We also want to try the Magic Bullet blender. I have had it here at work since we were moving when I got it. I finally took it home yesterday. Hopefully I can get a walk in or some Wii time. Until next time...


16 comments:

  1. Easy, Grrrrrl!
    Two pounds here, one pound there...
    It ain't nothing to a bunch of pro's like us.
    All in good time.
    Good that you are having fun.
    Remember fun?
    Yay - for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding that get up and go for exercise can be tough. For me I just make myself do it even if I don't want to. I know easier said than done. I also know about the up and down 2 lbs but I say as long as the end result over time is still down or staying the same then I wouldn't worry. Hope you enjoy your PJ Changs. I usually just make protein shakes in my magic bullet but it's also good for adding veggies to stuff if your not a big veggie person, makes you not even realize it's in there. We sometimes add ground carrots to spaghetti sauce and no one even notices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me laugh out loud when you said "I am so done losing and gaining the same damn 2 lbs! Grrrrrrrrr!!!"

    I've been doing that for almost 2 years... can't ever seem to get below 175. And I exercise regularly as you know.

    Maybe are expecting too much of yourself in the exercise department. Maybe, mentally, it's an all or nothing proposition so it feels overwhelming. Have you tried just putting your exercise on your schedule like an appointment? Aim for 30 minutes a day or an hour every other day or something like that. I think, besides finding what you really like, the trick - just like with food - is to make it liveable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on being sick and tired of losing the same damn pounds again and again. Been there, am there, sick of it.

    Nice you've made a new chum that you're going to help. Always nice to welcome a new friend into the fold. I predict a weight loss next week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been dealing with the same 10 pd. gap for 4 months. Finally had to switch it up to see if it is going to get the scale moving again. I think you need to find something (exercise wise) that you like to do. I love Zumba so going is not an issue. Todays class burned 515 calories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems that everyone had the same line jump out at them about the same 2 pounds. Mine is 3 pounds but I'm determined to get it going again. I've been too relaxed about food. At least I haven't gained more than I've lost in a week ... it's up 2, down 1, up 1, down 2, up 3, down 2 and so it goes ... for weeks. I think that's supposed to be maintenance not weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been in the up and down cycle lately too. But we can break it if we can just find a few whole days of determination. Maybe even a whole week right? Fingers crossed. You can do this. Just one day at a time. I know that was cliche...but...true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Having a walking buddy definately gets me out on the pavement more. I hope it works for you!

    The way I look at it, maintaining is way better than gaining!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I forgot about lemon juice on broccoli - I like that...thanks for the reminder!

    Exercise is important, no doubt, and you will feel so much better once you get into a routine, be it the gym, walking, or whatever. But for me, the real weight-loss comes with watching what I eat. Exercise is like the cherry on top, but the diet is the ice cream and fudge topping.

    OK, that was a terrible analogy. Sorry for the visual! I must be hungry, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tow pounds could easily be fluid from sodium. You are going to have it off in no time. I think that firing up your Bodybugg is a good idea.

    Nachos... I *heart* nachos like nobody's business. I have to steer well clear of anything even remotely nacho related or it is all over for me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those 2 pounds may be sodium overload. I been out of the loop for a while and I have to say I love your new picture!! Thanks for sticking by me and keeping up with my blog and for the advice. Always very much appreciated. I can feel you on the excercise thing I have so much potential at my disposal and I just cant seem to get with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep gaining and losing the same 5 kilos!!! Bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh boy. i hate losing and regaining the same pounds! it feels like such a waste of time huh? i did that for like 3 months. finally the scale is moving! but hey, keep at it. i'm sure you'll see a loss especially since you have all those wonderful resources :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It takes focus and determination to lose weight and you have a LOT going on right now....
    How cool that your helping a fellow adoptee, and I'm so happy that your search has turned out so well.
    Like the others have said you have to find something you can stand to do every day for life its out there you just have to find it. What about your bio-family do they have issues with weight?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate gaining weight and then spending the time to try to lose the weight that I already lost once! So frustrating! I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear you on losing and gaining the same two lbs! This entire summer challenge I've just fluctuated in the same region and it stinks! But we can do this. And lose those damn 2 lbs and then lose more! next week, yes?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...