Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dreams & Stuff



Well we did not go see Toy Story 3. We did go to TGI Friday's for dinner though which was right by the theatres. I had not been there in a loooong time. I asked for the nutrition info and holy cow was everything super high in calories. Sheesh! We used to go there a lot AND in addition to eating we would have a few foo foo cocktails so I am sure we would walk out of there consuming 4,000 cals easy - that is just scary. My best option calorically speaking was a Cobb Salad with reduced Balsamic Vinaigrette and NO bleu cheese. It was 430 cals and 130 for the dressing. We stopped by Big 5 on the way home and Dave got a beach chair and I got a lock for my bike. BTW, Dave gave me the bike for my birthday in 2008 but it was in my friends garage because I did not have a way to store it for the last 10 months.

I had a very strange dream last night. I usually don't remember any of them but this one stuck. I had numerous facial piercings including one in my nose and one below my lower lip. The one on my nose was not in the traditional spot but more like a bull and I had a charm hanging off of it that said "Believe" The one below my lower lip was a diamond stud. I was at work as if everything was normal. Well I all of a sudden lost all the jewelery and just had the holes remaining and I could not figure out how they came off. Ironically enough, I do not have earrings on today! I always have earrings on but I have no facial piercings. Very, very odd...

Tonight I was supposed to get together with my mom but I emailed her and said I would rather not go. I love my mom but as with any mother-daughter relationship we have our ups and downs. Nothing is wrong really but I just need space from her every now and again. She is a very private person and would probably be horrified to know what I say on here but such is life. I do need to work through some stuff in my head about all this bio/adoption stuff.

Speaking of heads, for those of you who ride bikes, do you wear a helmet or brain bucket as MB called it? I don't have one and it is not required by law for adults but I wanted to see what the consensus is on helmets. Hope you are all having a good week! Until next time...

12 comments:

  1. Usually if I'm going out to eat at one of the national chain restaurants I try to look up the nutrition info. before I go because really, why is that stuff so high in calories and sodium too usually? It's self defense to look it up. You made a good choice though. I hope it was tasty!

    I think you're smart to know when to say when, even if it's your mom. I'm sure you have lots to work through over the whole new bio family. And I know you will!

    I don't ride a bike because I'm too scared to try it in the busy area I live in but I would vote for the brain bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one strange dream! I wonder what it means? Were you watching any funky TV shows before you went to bed? Hmmm...

    Yep, the those restaurant chains have some doosies for calorie counts and such. I've never been disciplined enough to look at the menu before I go...it's always spur of the moment.

    Do you have your new Pandora charm? Or do you know which one you want? There is a new one: it's supposed to represent inner strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dallas - ya gotta wear it....or else.
    And the dream?
    Hmmmm.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is surprising how some foods contain so many calories. It sometimes isn't worth eating out.

    Not sure what to say about the dream.

    As for the helmet I never wore one. One that note though I also am one of those people worried about looks. So that just goes to show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so happy when I was in California to see the nutrition stats on the menus there...until we were at one place (can't remember the name - we don't have it out here) where I chose something and then saw how many calories it had, which was a surprise - boo on them. So I picked something else - haha, I beat the system!

    And regarding your mother - sometimes you just know when it wouldn't be a good visit - better to head it off at the pass. Smart move, my friend.

    I don't ride my bike with a helmet, but I only stay in my neighborhood. I know, accidents can still happen! If I ever move somewhere where I feel like it's a bit safer to ride further, I'd definitely get a helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wear my helmet!!! Unless i'm in a spin class, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly hate my helmet. I have bangs and it makes them all gross (blah blah complain etc)...but I've also seen first hand an accident between a car and bicyclist that wasn't wearing a helmet. Traumatic doesn't even begin to describe it...suffice it to say the guy on the bike did not survive. So I always wear one when I'm on the road. I do sometimes cheat on trails when I'm not near a lot of rocks or anything, because I love the feel of the wind in my hair - but never for long because it still freaks me out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not a bike rider but I am a HUGE SAFETY nerd :) so you can guess the answer to that one...
    I think it IS a law in TX where I live---and a great one considering how crazy I see the cars "act" around cyclists.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well now, that was an interesting dream. LOL! Like most everyone else has said, I'm a safety nerd too, and I always wear a helmet when I ride a bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Katie, PLEASE wear a helmet! My aunt used to be an ER nurse and we'd hear all the horror stories about cyclists who didn't wear a helmet. My father also got hit my a car while cycling last year and I'm not sure he'd be alive today if it weren't for his helmet! So please please please wear one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie you have to wear a helmet-all the cool kids wear helmets. You should google what your dream means.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHA...everyone needs a bucket for their brain. I used to think we all grew up without wearing helmets and survived but there are so many more distracted drivers out there and it's better to be safe than sorry. One little bump on the brain could seriously impact the rest of your life. I hope you decide to wear a helmet when riding to protect that pretty little head of yours. There are so many cool looking ones out there now, go treat yourself to a cool looking one and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...