Friday, September 3, 2010

Freaky Friday


Yesterday was a strange day for me. I was extra emotional for some reason - TMI Warning -I could blame TOM but I have an IUD and I don't get an actual cycle anymore but maybe I still get the associated symptoms like headaches, bloating or getting emotional.

One thing that really hit me hard was the fact that one of the bloggers I follow passed away. This is the 2nd blogger in the last 6 months that has died. Garrett was only 28 and Bethanny was only 30. It just really got to me that they were so young and had so much to offer... May they rest in peace.

It was an uneventful evening. It was in the upper 90s so it was too hot to do much of anything. I went to bed about 9:00 p.m.

Tomorrow morning, Candace and I will be heading to Eureka to meet my biological sister and brother, Tess and Michael. I am sure it will be just fine but I can't help but be nervous and scared. When I met Candace, I instantly bonded with her so I am hoping the same happens with them. We will stay up there through the weekend and then come back on Monday. Wish me luck! Hope you all have a fun, safe and sane weekend! Until next time...



P.S. I weighed myself and I am teetering at the same weight so I will officially post it regardless of what it says on Wednesday the 8th

9 comments:

  1. Your family will love you - I know you're worried, but really, try not to. Hope you have a great trip!

    I'm sorry to hear about Garrett - which blog was his?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://stagesofchange.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry to hear about your blogging friend. That stuff just doesn't make sense does it?

    I'm guessing that your family is just as nervous and scared as you. What a relief it will be to find out that you love each other! Well, maybe not all of them but you know, that's how it is in every family (ha!)

    Have a great time and just be yourself because you are amazing just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your weeking meet and greet turns out well. You are such a lovely person it's hard to imagine that they won't love you on sight! Love Helen noting that they are probably nervous to meet you too.

    I didn't read that blog, but will go visit now. It is so tragic and jarring when someone so young passes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,

    I'm so sorry to read that two of your blogging friends passed away...isn't it funny how we all feel like we know each other at a certain point on here? We all develop an emotional bond, and it's something hard to explain, but it's there. I will have Garrett + Bethanny's families and friends in my thoughts.

    On a happier note, have a wonderful time visiting and getting to know your siblings!!! I am sure that it will be a fantastic weekend of fun and great memories to be made.

    Happy weekending,
    Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! i hope it goes well with your siblings. of course they'll like you. that's like not liking kittens or something!

    so sorry to hear about your blogger friends who passed away. i know how close nit our community is...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sucks Katie-try and have a good time-your comment on my post was so funny-maybe I've been switched-haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful weekend meeting your family. Love that you were able to get you bike this week and start riding again.

    You should make a stop at my blog. You have blog award waiting to be accepted @http://glimpesofmyjourneythrulife.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun meeting your sister! I always wanted one:) I'm sure there nervous to meet you too, but you are so darn likeable online I'm sure your even better in person...oh yeah, take pictures! I want pictures!! :)

    It is always sad and jarring when people so young die. Let it be a reminder that we all need to take care of ourselves everyday....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...