Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thinking Thursday


Had another good day food wise. I am really not shooting for such high deficits but it's working so I won't knock it. We had salmon for dinner which is always good :-) I love me some salmon!  I am getting much better from the flu but there are still remnants of the coughing and lethargy. I am hoping to go to the gym this weekend and don't want to hack up a lung while I'm in class or on the equipment.

I have been doing A LOT of thinking and I have decided to let the County of San Mateo bury Bruce as discussed and then someday in the future when Fred, Tess and Michael are down here we can conduct a Memorial of our own. I would just like him to be at rest sooner rather then later.

I also need to make some calls and reach out to some of my friends that I have lost touch with over the last 6 months.  I haven't been the best at keeping in touch with people lately and been pretty flaky and I need to work on that. I have also upset someone and I am not sure what I did.  To me, indifference is more painful then being angry. At least if someone expresses anger then you know the person cares but if they just stop contacting you then it appears they don't, know what I mean? Anyways, I just hope things can be mended with them. Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. Hey if it's working, don't knock it.

    Indifference is harder than anger for me too, so I completely understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog, Katie. You are looking and doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seemed to have done a great workout to have burned so many calories. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, Salmon. That flu is hard to shake, isn't it? Just kind of lingers on....but you're over the worst part so onward and upward.

    Indifference is so frustrating ... reminds me of when I was young and foolish with my first husband and I "expected" him to figure out what I wanted or what was wrong with me. No more. Talk it out, get it over with and move on - my new motto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the salmon burgers I get from Whole Foods fish section-they make some fresh with tequila and lime-yummers.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with Helen! :D I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your friend - it is sad when friendships disintegrate. Hope you can figure out what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree with you about indifference. I'd rather they show anger or disappointment or whatever. But I am not shy when it comes to confrontation. In my experience, it's the people who fear confrontation that play indifferent. I think it's because they'd rather damage the friendship than deal with their fear.

    I'm sorry about Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so so so very true about the indifference.
    that sentence hit home for me t his morning.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie, I just caught up on the updates on Bruce, and I am really sorry to hear of his passing so soon after you finally connected with him. I believe timing really is everything though, and I am glad that you were able to meet him when you did. Happy New Year to you, and I am continuing to root for you!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...