Last night I was tired and did not feel like cooking so my friend and I walked over to a Pho restaurant that is close to my apt. They have just about every dish you could imagine on their menu. The food is tasty and the prices are very reasonable so it is a win-win. They also have smoothies that have the pearls in the bottom. Have you ever tried one of those? I have seen them for years but never brave enough to try it so I did the last time I was there. The pearls are made from gelatin. Did you know that gelatin is good for you? Here are some of the health benefits:
- Gelatin appears to be beneficial to athletes for muscle growth and metabolism.
- Gelatin promotes a feeling of fullness.
- Gelatin helps maintain regularity
- Gelatin's high collagen protein content helps keep your skin smooth and firm. Many creams contain collagen to moisturize the skin but it is more effective when taken through food.
- Gelatin strengthens the hair, keeping it looking shiny and healthy.
- Gelatin is also excellent for the nails because it makes them stronger, so they do not break easily.
- Gelatin is excellent for your bones because of its high concentration of glycoprotein and proline amino acids. If you have a deficiency in both amino acids, you can have joint pain. When it is taken orally, it travels directly to your blood and from there; it goes to its destination, the connective tissue. By adding at least 10 grams of gelatin to your regular diet, your joints will quickly regenerate in case you overexert yourself.