Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fitbit and Fined

Nothing eventful to report for yesterday. I had a ham sandwich for dinner. I still have not cooked anything since Dave has been gone. It is so much easier if you have someone to cook for! I do have a dinner planned for next week with a friend. He requested pork chops, mashed potatoes and applesauce so that is what I will be making. I will be using cutlets and will use Panko breadcrumbs which always makes the meat yummy and crunchy.

I finally have my Fitbit back on today. Seems like forever since I have worn it. I have found that I am most successful when I am tracking and I am motivated to do more with the activity goals they set up in the Fitbit program.  This is a chart for my average weight while using the Fitbit. This has not been a stellar year for weight loss BUT a good year for maintaining. Obviously, I do not want to maintain my current weight but I think the key for me has been to keep track of my weight even though I am not losing. I know if I am up a few pounds it is time to get more active or eat less.  Being in denial is what got me up to 315 lbs. so I am want to avoid ever ever going back to that weight again. I am at 249 today which is the same as last week.

For those of you who did not know, I was adopted and I located my biological father in October of 2010. I met him the day I learned where he was and unfortunately that was the only time I ever saw him. I wrote and sent pictures etc. but due to an incident on December 23rd, he died on December 26, 2010.  We interned him on February 23, 2011. I was told at that time that they would send me some of his personal belongings, which included a wristwatch. To date, I have not received anything. I just want a personal memento of his to say that he existed on this planet you know what I mean?  I followed up with the DA's office and there were staff changes so the person I was working with is no longer there. I made contact with another gal, Katherine, who is working on it with me now. In making some phone calls, I did find out that the Burlingame Long Term Care Facility was fined and cited for negligence in his death. Of course, they are contesting it but if it can save someone from getting hurt or dying in the future then it is a good thing. It could take months or even years to get resolution in the case. Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to interrupt with a COMMERCIAL!!! But if anyone is interested in a FITBIT I just put one on eBay! I am a personal trainer and I bought it just to check it out and be able to talk to clients about it. They are very hard to find in the stores ahead of Christmas! THANKS

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/130617350326?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1186

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    I haven't been around in a while and just got caught up on your blog. All I can say is congratulations on taking such major steps in getting your life together. You're awesome. KJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just stopping by different type of blogs and thought id say hello folks. So greetings from an Amish community in Pennsylvania, and wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a healthy and happy new year. Richard from Amish Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie, I was adopted too. I really hope you get something that belonged to your father. I am actually going to meet my birth mother for lunch this weekend. It will be the second time I have met her since connecting with her in April 2010. I am bringing my son to meet her since it will likely be the only time she will see him. She is a diabetic (who doesn't take care of herself) and does not have long left in this world. Although I don't really know her too well, it is important for me to have some memories of her. I really feel for you and your plight. I'm sorry you didn't get more time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Given all that you have going on in your life right now maintaining your weight isn't a bad thing its certainely better than gaining.
    I'm sorry you are having to deal with this situation over your b-dads final effects. I hope this new person gets with the program and you get what you were promised. Also, I suspect every time you look in the mirror your birth parents are there in your features. I know I get the wave in my hair because my birthdad has naturally curly hair. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...