Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Did it and Distracted

Went to the gym last night as planned. Have I mentioned I am not a fan of Mondays? LOL! It went well and I tried to not be snarky. I have to give a special shout out to Deb at Deb's Losing It! She gave me encouragement (via Twitter) and helped me change my grumpy attitude. Thanks Deb! After the gym I came home and made Boboli. Easy and tasty. Dave had never tried it either and he liked it too. I said in yesterday's post that I am scheduled for PT tonight but I was mistaken. It's for tomorrow - just like last week.

April is Natl. Distracted Driver Awareness Month. Every day on my way to and from work I see distracted drivers and it makes me SO angry. I don't know if there is more of it going on here since we are in Silicon Valley and a hub of technology but it's a daily occurrence. Hopefully people will get the message and think before they dial or text. Bottom line, what could be so important that you would risk your life to say or text?

Not sure what our plans are for Easter this Sunday. My brother is working in the area so he may be able to join us. I will check with him today.  April is not a great month for us. My dad passed away right after Easter so it has been kinda funky celebrating it ever since. Interesting bit of Katie J trivia... I have never been to a church service on Easter or Christmas. I have always wanted to by my folks said it's too crowded on those days. It is on my list of things I would like to do... Until next time...


3 comments:

  1. HA! There are a lot of people that ONLY go to church on Easter and Christmas! LOL It's funny that you are the opposite. I like church on those occassions for really silly reasons. All the parents dress up their babies/kids super cute and I like seeing them all dolled up. Plus at Chirstmas there usually are pretty decorations/lights. and good music at both easter and Christmas. (can you tell i'm not a super fanatic religious person? LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree--those are 2 of my favorite services! And we have some of those "C&E Christians" at my church too, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about distractions and driving. It is reckless and stupid!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...