Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Finding My Voice


I have always been a pretty vocal person.  Even as a little kid I talked to anyone that would listen.  Yes, I did get called Chatty Cathy on a number of occasions. I stayed this way through high school and college and I learned that it was a part of my personality that I was grateful for. It really came in handy in college with speeches and presentations. As an adult, I am always striving to be assertive not aggressive. If I am upset with a retailer or service provider, I try my best to make my point without raising my voice or being abrasive. Somewhere along the line though, I lost my voice. In hindsight, I believe it had a lot to do with self-esteem and self-worth.

In the last six months, I have turned that around some.  In the last week, I have been able to find my voice again and I am feeling strong. There were two occasions in the last week where I spoke to the other party and let them know how they had offended or disrespected me and that I stood behind my actions and in both cases they apologized and told me I was right and how sorry they were for offending me. Both situations were weighing pretty heavy on my heart so once they were resolved I felt like a huge weight has been lifted. Gives me hope moving forward. Until next time...



P.S. Anna Marie, can you please email me at katiejisonherway at gmail dot com :-)

7 comments:

  1. Well done Chick!
    I too found my voice again... even though it got me into 'family trouble' *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you blog a couple of days ago, so I hope you don't mind me commenting out of the blue :-) But I wanted to tell you "Well done". And the fact that they apologised, proves you were right to speak up in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me GRIN.

    from my core.


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have huge issues finding my voice, which you've made me realise has a lot to do with self-confidence. I am slowly turning it around, like you. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news

    and good for you.

    I sent you an email as you requested.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...