Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hernia Hell

Happy March my friends. I hope life is treating you well.

Before I left California, I had a visit with my PCP and pointed out the fact that I thought I had an umbilical hernia. I knew what it was because we had a dog that had one and Bogey also had one when I found him. Ironic I say...


The only way to fix them is through surgery.  The unfortunate part is that I am a surgery risk. Going under the knife at this weight is an issue. Anesthesia being the biggest risk.  You can live with them for quite awhile without issue, however, the intestines can get strangled and cause big problems. At this point, it is mild in my case but I would like to get it taken care of sooner rather then later.

Another side effect of obesity.

Since I moved, I had to switch healthcare providers and I have not set up a new appt or a new PCP. Ughhh such a drag finding a new doctor. 

 

1 comment:

I'd love to know what's on your mind...