Monday, August 22, 2022

Hoping for the Best


Hello everyone...

I want to warn you this is going to be a solemn post.

Last I posted I was going to be going into surgery. Well, that did not happen. Two weeks ago I went in to see the results of the radiation and it showed that it spread to my liver and lungs and surgery was off the table. WTF??!!!! It was the last thing I expected to hear! So the next day I went in to see my Oncologist who said that if I chose not to do treatment (chemo) that I have 3-6 months to live! I am going to do the treatments but even with them they estimated 1 year to 1.5 years. How in the world do you mentally prepare for that!?! In all honesty, I have had a really good life and have done LOTS of wonderful things so I am at peace with that part but having an expiration date is just a weird place to be. Maybe I will beat the odds eh?

I do plan on going and doing things. One thing is I am doing a photo shoot for my "After" pictures. There is a spot about 30 miles away called Granite Reef Recreational Area It is a stunning backdrop for pics. My friend did her preggo pics there and they were AMAZING! I will be posting them here for sure. I never thought I would make it here guys! It is possible for sure. If I can do it ANY ONE CAN! Plan going to Colorado to visit my bro and definitely need to go to the beach. 

Well I just wanted to keep you all in the loop. ALL prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated! 

Until next time



4 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, I'm sorry the surgery turned out to not be an option. I'm glad you are at peace with where you are - hopefully that helps you enjoy life and not be stressed over the future. I can't wait to see your "after" weight loss pictures...what an exciting thing to get to do! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry to hear this. Cancer sucks. Prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. I agree! Prayers are appreciated!

      Delete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...