Wednesday, August 3, 2022

NSVs: Good and Bad

Look at me posting again LOL! I am actually trying to keep myself distracted from thinking about my surgery. Tomorrow I go in to get a scan to see how much the tumor shrank from Radiation. It will also help my surgeon determine his plan of action. I have 3 possibly 4 doctors appts next week. Yay me huh?

  • I think the biggest NSV are clothes fitting so differently. I feel like I skipped the progression from sizes cuz I kept wearing big clothing. At my heaviest I was wearing and busting out of 26/28s and now I am XL or 1X. I definitely have body dysmorphia. I have bought a few things that were too big thinking I am really that size still. I have to check with friends to make sure things look good. The bad part about this is that I have some really nice clothes that could be altered. I did get a sewing machine to take some things in but have yet to do so. It was $85 at Walmart. I always have great intentions... follow thru not so much
  • Weight Limits are no longer an issue which is another NSV. I can go Zip Line or ride a scooter and not worry about topping out.
  • Fitting in booths or squeezing through areas I would avoid before. Maneuvering around is easier.
  • Compliments are a lovely NSV
  • Shoes fit better

It will be interesting to see how the surgery affects my weight. Since they are removing part of my stomach and gall bladder, I may lose weight after. We shall see...

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. I hope it goes well at the doctor. Healing thoughts coming your way

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...