Friday, January 29, 2010

Shopping burns Calories!


Had a good time at Ikea :-) I had a veggie wrap and red potatoes for dinner. I am not a fan of Swedish meatballs (don't like gravy) so they did not tempt me at all. The smell of warm cinnamon rolls was alluring but I thankfully avoided them. During our adventure, I took 3,220 steps and 638 calories! Not bad for shopping huh? Here are some pictures of what we got.


We got two lamps as well as some plants and I stocked up on candles. I burn candles daily so I am always needing them and they have a package of 36 highly scented tea lights for $3.99 so I bought 4 packs. That is a steal! They should hold me over for awhile.

Tonight we are going to go buy a new bed. I can't tell you how excited I am! I am WAY overdue for one. Being morbidly obese can put some wear and tear on a bed. I am surprised that it is not sagging for as old as it is. At least I am not as heavy now and moving forward will only be lighter so it should help prolong the life of the mattress. We have a neighbor who is one of the top sales people at the local Sleep Train so she is going to hook us up. She told me about a bed that just went on sale that is a top of the line Serta with a pillow top and we are able to get it for at least $400 cheaper then retail. Yay for that! I don't have plans for the weekend except for getting things situated in my bedroom. I NEED TO GO TO THE GYM and I NEED TO GO SWIMMING! Hoping to make that happen for sure. Until next time...

P.S. It is a full moon tomorrow! Yikes!

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! I have a dresser from that collection in black in my bedroom. (It's like half the width of your double dresser but one drawer higher.) I love it, but putting it together was a pain!

    Good luck bed shopping, and get to that gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favorite exercise-walking thru the mall, great job Katie, on the calorie burning. Thos cinnabuns become out buns too!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new bed- how nice! There's nothing better than have a comfortable mattress to get a good night's sleep on. You'll love the pillow top!

    Great choices on the food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a successful Ikea trip - I am STILL jealous, lol! Your new furniture looks great and woohoo for a new bed! You should post a picture of your bedroom when you have it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ikea is AMOZING! I love your finds! How cool is it that you burned 638 calories from shopping?! Now I know what to add to my indoor activity list. hehehe

    ~Kellie
    http://chubbygirldiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love love IKEA. I'm totally jealous you've been. I see many many things that I want.

    I'll be howling at the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have an IKEA near me, but I hear they are enormous. What a fun way to get those steps in. Have fun picking out the new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, Ikea is so much fun! I love the floor with all the little kitchen gadgets and goodies. It's impossible to walk through there and not buy something!
    Great job on the calorie burn today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie. Brilliant calorie burner indeed! I hardly ever shop these days. I need to get back to it!

    I bought some tealights today too! I avoided the scented ones though because they were strawberry or vanilla and I thought they might be triggering. Sad really.

    Lucky you over the new bed! I have been fantasising about a new bed for the last decade!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Ikea! I love sitting in all the rooms! So much fun ! I am also a candle lover too! There is something really peacful and relaxing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will love your bed! Get ready to sleep for days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for new furniture! I have a friend who always uses the calorie burning factor as her excuse to shop - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. way to go on the shoppercise! :P see what i did there?

    it really can be a good work out. i dont have a car so i have to carry my groceries all the way home.... works my arm muscle s burn!

    i wanna go to ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My bed is pretty torn up. Congrats on your hookup ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just love scented tea lights! And Ikea! Wish we had one here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love IKEA. I have their closet organizing system and I love it. I'm crazy about the meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy that new bed! I'm jealous, I really need a new bed.

    Never been to an IKEA but I dream about it!

    My package arrived yesterday, the soup looks great, the jump rope looks like hard work (honesty is a virture, right? lol) and I love the soup mug! That was fun to get.

    When the doorbell rang, my husband said, "What did you order this time?" Whew, nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Katie,
    How is the New Year treating you?
    Thinking of you and wishing you well!
    I've been in an Ikea once and I had stomach problems because I wanted so many things! ;)
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  19. No wonder I always feel so tired after shopping!
    Love your shopping finds so far. And can't wait to hear more about the new bed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woo hoo someone who can shop like me! Well done chick.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...