Monday, February 1, 2010

I get Buy with a little help from my Friend


Hope you all had a good weekend. What a whirlwind it was!

So Friday night we went and bought the bed. My neighbor Clara works at Sleep Train and she is one of their top sales gals in the entire country so we were in good hands. We got a Simmons Beautyrest in a Queen size. I got really educated on the different materials and thicknesses etc. Interesting stuff! Price and firmness were our driving force. We did try the Tempur-pedic and the high end beds just to check them out - boy howdy there are some cushy beds out there. After we bought the bed we walked across the parking lot to Chili's. I got a BBQ Ranch Chicken salad. It was 880 cals. I was looking at the N.I. on the other salad I used to get which is a Quesidilla Explosion and it is 1400 cals alone! Holy crap! I did have a Presidente Margarita and some chips and salsa but had only had 3oo cals by dinner time so I felt like I had some wiggle room.

Saturday I spent the entire day clearing out the hallway closets which included my holiday decorations. I used to be festive... seems like after my dad died I kinda lost the desire but this year I actually decorated for Christmas and as I was cleaning things out I found all my Valentine's Day stuff so I have that out now. I put window clings on the windows and they look really cute. Make me smile to look at them :-) We had Mexican food for dinner and I overate and was a little uncomfortable. Waited too long to eat I guess. They finally delivered the bed at 10:20 pm! Poor guys and we weren't even the last delivery for the night.

Sunday Danielle and I went shopping to Kohl's and Bed Bath & Beyond. I got new pillows, sheets, bathroom rugs, washcloths, a wastebasket and a few other little things. We hung out at the bar for a little while in the afternoon and I had a couple beers. Had stuffed Chicken breast for dinner and finished moving stuff into drawers. I was a woman on a mission and had a cup of coffee at like 8 pm and did not go to bed until close to midnight. Needless to say I am a little sleepy this morning.

Dave's mom house is no longer theirs after today. It is so sad to me. I have been struggling with being happy about the inheritance. It is really a blessing to have some money in the bank and some big bills paid off now but at the same token I almost feel guilty about enjoying spending some of it. I did primarily support Dave and I on my wages over the last couple years so I guess I should not feel guilty but I can't help it. There are a few more things that we want do do like fix my car and book our Disneyland trip. As for the rest of the money, we will be meeting with a Financial planner in the next week or two to properly prepare with the rest of it. Until next time...

16 comments:

  1. Looks very comfy! I could do with a sleep... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New beds are wonderful! I hope you are enjoying your rest on it. OR at least tonight anyway. You almost cut your calories at the restaurant in half! You probably did. Have a fantastic sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my mattress.......I hate staying in hotels because Im so used to mine. I have even started asking what kind they have lol.....and how you did so well at Chilis is beyond me (its one of my fav's).....have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't go to Chili's very often, but I do get the Quesadilla Explosion when we go...of course, I get it with no cheese or tortilla strips, both dressings on the side (and use just a tiny bit) and I eat about half of the quesadilla and give the rest to my husband. This way I can get the taste I want without the gazillion calories.

    Glad you got your new bed and all the fun things that go with it - looks very pretty! I know what you mean about getting into organizing and not being able to stop - yes, you may be tired in the morning, but it's GREAT to wake up and have it all done!

    It's nice that you are getting some of the money - I'm sure it will help out a lot, and like you said, you DID support Dave for years. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel guilty for a minute-you put others before yourself for a really long time so enjoy this. Does anything feel better than a new bed and new bedding? So awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bed! I looks nice and cozy!

    ~Kellie

    http://chubbygirldiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo, looks nice! My little girl just said, "Mommy, that bed looks so cozy!"
    I'm sorry the closing on Dave's mom's house is bittersweet. I can understand why, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for new beds! I'm also a sucker for tempurpedic beds, but since they're way too expensive I just have a tempurpedic mattress pad on the cheapest mattress I could find. It's just as comfortable as the real thing, and way less expensive!

    Don't feel guilty about spending and enjoying the money. I promise you, she would want the money to bring you two happiness, not guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for a new bed. I think most people feel guilty in your situation - but you wouldn't have been given the money if they didn't want you to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blues on your bed comforter and pillows. Looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think its normal to have those feelings of guilt, but don't dwell on the fact. You are right you have helped Dave out for years, so enjoy it hun!!!

    Getting a new bed is so fun!!!! When we got our new bed, I couldn't wait to get home to see it..... it was lonely when I was gone... poor thing (=

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think some guilt is normal, too. But seems, Karma is paying you back for all your kind deeds.

    The bed looks wonderful. I love blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having a new bed is the best feeling ever! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katie. Enjoy that new bed! ;)

    Great going on the clearing out as well. You had a very productive weekend!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. New beds are always cozy! Disneyland will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky gal with a new mattress ;)

    I'd love to see your decorations. I got mine up also.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...