Monday, March 15, 2010

Knives and Exercise




Hope you had a good weekend! I did for the most part. Saturday was cool but sunny and I started my day out with a short walk in the neighborhood. Then I did 20 mins. of Zumba on a DVD at home. After Dave got done with his games we decided to go to the movies. We went and saw Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightening Thief. I got a kids pack of popcorn and soda but then also ate some of Dave's too. Evil movie popcorn! We had pizza for dinner.

Yesterday I started out the day with some retail therapy. I needed new knives in a big bad way. There was a 29 piece set at Big Lots for $19 and they are guaranteed for 5 years. The big one is intimidating so I think I will have to read up and see how to use it. Went to Target which is always fun. We went early so it was eerily empty and quiet but we got out of there pretty quickly. As for the rest of the day, I just hung out. I did watch part of Grey Garden but did not finish it. Eating was spotty at best.

I have to go to the doctor this afternoon. I have a Ganglion cyst on my right middle finger. I have Kaiser so I have to be seen first and then treated. I know what it is and I just want it treated but that is not how it works. Oh well, I am just grateful to have insurance right now. The treatment will require them to stick a needle in it, drain it and sew it up. Ewww... I just want to deal with it and get it over with. Until next time...

11 comments:

  1. I hope they help you take care of it STAT. I'm glad you had a pretty good weekend! Good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of the "evil popcorn" at the movies this weekend also and I LOVE target too...especially the clearance sections:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, when I read your title I was hoping the two weren't involved with each other! haha. I have one of those cysts on my wrist. I had it drained years ago and it came back. I'm just dealing with it now. It doesn't hurt like it did the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh theater popcorn.... I haven't had that since I left the states in July..Oh how I miss it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. movie popcorn is evil!! I hope they take care of that finger soon. I get cysts on my body in places and such they suck. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that evil movie popcorn. I usually smuggle my own lowfat popcorn inside my big ole purse!

    Hope you get that finger taken care of. I have had one of those cysts and it is painful. Mine burst on its own and never came back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love retail therapy. lol Yikes, hope all went well at Kaiser. I have them too- sucks sometimes how you have to deal with them to get things done. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your finger gets better soon. I am curious about your zumba dvd. Which one is it? Do you like it? I keep on hearing about zumba and am intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn insurance, can't life with it, can't live without it.
    Or fingers, or popcorn....or so it seems!
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps - I'm visiting LA all this week - wanna get a cup of coffee or something if time permits?
    carb.tripper@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i had a good weekend. but some baaaaaaaad food :(

    i can ignore popcorn but pizza is my food demon!

    we could really do with some new knives

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...