Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sunshine & Veggies


Had a mellow but fun night last night. Dave had a game so HG and I tried a new place around the corner called Ed's Terriyaki. I had a sandwich. It was really good so I definitely will be going there again. Played on the Wii again. You can see the calorie burn around 7:00 p.m. I did boxing again and today my arms are sore so I will do something else tonight and give my arms a break.



Drazil bestowed this award to me and a number of other readers on her blog. It is such a happy looking award! If you haven't seen or heard of Drazil at Me, Drazil and Sheniqua go check her out. She is one of the funniest bloggers I have ever read! She is funny AND real! Sidenote: If you are easily offended you may not want to peruse her blog. She puts it ALL out there and I love it, love it, love it!

Here is the list of veggies that people said they enjoyed. The most popular was asparagus with broccoli and green beans close behind. I like almost everything on the list except for carrots and peas. I like carrots but not cooked and I used to like peas but not anymore. They have to be hiding out in my food or salad for me to eat them. I would have to say my favorites are asparagus, eggplant, spinach and edamame.

Asparagus
Broccoli
Green Beans
Zucchini
Spinach
Eggplant
Cauliflower
Lettuce (Red or other)
Brussel sprouts
Artichokes
Avocados
Red Pepper
Carrots
Snow Peas/Edamame
Regular Peas
Cucumbers
Kale
Onions
Sweet Potatoes

Make it a good day! Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. This is a great list - sometimes I "forget" there are other veggies out there.

    I have never tried edamame and every time I try to make eggplant, I mess it up. :(

    Congrats on the award and have a blast with the Wii. Boxing kills my arms too. Are you doing just regular boxing or the rhythmic boxing on Wii Fit? (The obstacle course is great for legs!)

    Julia
    http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything on that list. Can't eat the edamame because soy + thyroid meds = disaster but I used to eat them and I only like fresh peas - they're completely different than canned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...I'm glad Helen told me that about edamame...I've never had it, but I'm on thyroid meds, so good to know!! I like just about any veggies EXCEPT eggplant...blech!!! Congrats on the award...I love me some sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list. Reminds me of other veggies out there. Glad you like the Wii!!! Makes exercising fun..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easily offended by mwah? I can't imagine! Your blog makes me smile - I love you too! And thanks for any followers coming my way....thank God you warned them....let the brainwashing begin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I currently have 2 avacodos in my fridge and am afraid of them :-) one day I will muster the courage to try it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to eat my Skinny Sushi inspired roasted brussel sprouts with roasted new potatoes tonight. That and some yummy salad...*tummy grumble*

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like carrots and peas and red peppers and onions and sweet potatoes and lettuce.

    everything else has to hide!

    way to go on the boxing missus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are enjoying the Wii-so much fun~

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite Wii Fit game is the step aerobics. Once you get the hang of it, it is really fun and gets you a lot of fit credits!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...