Flowers from the Farmer's Market
How was your weekend? Mine was really good! Friday night we cleaned in preparation of Deb and Larry coming over for dinner. We had to rearrange a few things to get them put away. Saturday I went to Race Street and got some Oregon Fresh Salmon. It was $19.99/lb! So for the 4 of us it was $43 worth of salmon. After I got the fish, I walked the Farmer's Market and got flowers, broccoli, golden potatoes and some homemade Strawberry bread. I had intended on making dessert but I saw that bread and could not resist. Went home and continued cleaning until jumping in the shower to get ready for their arrival.
The meal turned out fantastic! Larry made a comment saying they don't eat as much as they used to... well they both completely cleared their plates!! In fact, Deb said she would have eaten a small bite left on her plate but it had fallen on the floor. It was such a big compliment to hear my cooking mentor saying that it is the best salmon meal she has ever had :-D The recipe is super simple but I think that is why it is so good (My dad taught me how to make it) We played bowling on the Wii for a little while and then we called it a night.
Yesterday was fairly uneventful. I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic on DVD and cleaned up the kitchen. I don't have a dishwasher so it's all by hand baby. We did KFC for dinner so we didn't have to mess up the kitchen again. I had a Twister and a Cole slaw. Dave had that weird Double Down sandwich with the two pieces of chicken with cheese and bacon in the middle. It doesn't even sound good to me. We had fresh strawberries for dessert.
I was graciously awarded a Fabulous Blogger Award from Helen at Doing a 180 and am passing it on to 6 other bloggers who have had an influence on me. It was SO hard to come up with only 6 but here they are:
- Kate at Fabulous at 50. Kate is brutally honest and realistic. She has come a long way and has done it with grace and style
- Anne at Carb Tripper has been along for the ride since the beginning. Her support, kindness and wittiness keep a smile on my face
- Angie at Who do you choose today? She is super crafty and also very supportive. She just reached a 100 lbs. lost
- Diz at Death by Calories She is fairly new on the block but she is a sweet gal and a fellow California girl.
- Candace at Believing in C - C is Me. Candace is my Canadian Soul sister. She is also my new bodybugg buddy :-)
- Paula at Paulawannacracker is a hard working gal who can cook like there is no tomorrow!
P.S. OMG, I have 299 followers! That is just C-R-A-Z-Y!