Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Unpacking


I have been unpacking the contents of my parents house that was in storage. I had put it off for the last 4 years. I knew it was going to be an emotional process but boy howdy! Take for example, one of the boxes was all medical records from my mom. Basically it was going down medical memory lane but not in a good way. From her breast cancer, open heart surgery, osteoporosis and Dementia. You'd think it would be easy to go through but it was just a huge reminder of all the sh** she went through. Slowly but surely I am chipping away at the stack of boxes. Like the saying says, you can eat an elephant; one bite at a time. 

The thing I have found is I need to feel to heal. If I keep ignoring things, it doesn't magically go away and often times gets worse! I think that is the case emotionally and physically too. I believe that one of the major reasons for my weight gain was emotional issues I had not dealt with. There were other contributing factors like PCOS and genetics but emotional eating was right up there. I think it was one of the KEYS to help me start losing.

That is about it for now. Hope you all are well...

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what's on your mind...