Friday, April 1, 2022

I HIT MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!


Hellllooooooo!!!! There have been so many times that I have thought of posting but never fired up my laptop.  Thank you Crystal for your last comment. At least I know one person is reading LOL!

So, I weigh 169 lbs. This is 4 lbs away from my original goal of 165 lbs. or 150 loss. It took me 12 years but I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, in February I went to the hospital with what I thought was kidney stones and 5 days later they determined that I have Pancreatic Cancer.  The last 25 lbs kinda came off quickly and I was concerned but obviously happy with the move of the scale. I have been told not to lose any MORE weight. Can you IMAGINE??? I have never ever, ever heard anyone tell me that! What a weird thing to hear eh??

The treatment plan is that I will do at least 4 rounds of Chemotherapy and then they will reassess. I need to get a PET Scan to determine what stage it is but at this point they think it is Stage 1 or 2. I will be getting my 3rd treatment next Tuesday, April 5th. I was SUPER sick the 1st round but better this last one but I am having side effects like neuropathy which is nerve damage in my hands and feet. I am also super tired ALL the time. Next step would be surgery. I am off of work for the next few months at a bare minimum

For my long time readers, they know about my adoption story but it was just recently that I found out that all the biological people have had Cancer so I was basically doomed from the get...

I have the fortunate of having a great support system here. People have offered to help and I just need to get over myself and let people help. I don't think any really likes asking for help but I know how good it feels to helps someone and I really need it.

That is about all for now. I do want to chronicle this journey like I did my weight loss so I hope to at least do a weekly post. Hope you all are doing okay!

Until next time...


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the goal weight!!!! I am sorry about the other part. I am glad that it was caught early though and you have already started treatment. Still here and still blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancreatic Cancer is scary stuff. I pray that it was caught early. I am afraid of it. Both of my parents died from cancer & I do worry. Please take care of yourself & keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie, I'm just catching up with you and am really sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. Really glad you are able to get treatment for it, harsh as it is on your body. Side note: how does it feel to reach your goal weight? Congrats on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Shelley, I definitely have dis-morphia especially when shopping for clothes. It does feel great though and my knees are much happier LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...