Sunday, June 12, 2022

Crispy Fried


Well I did not expect not to post last month but here I am 😄

The last month has been a mixed bag. I completed 4 rounds of chemo and the numbers are trending down which is great news. I had a little break in between starting Radiation with an oral chemotherapy. Radiation is 5x per week for 6 weeks. I will be done on July 6th and then tentatively they will do surgery in August. The treatment is a t 7:10 am and is for only 10 mins but it kicks my arse and makes me suppppper tired. I know the best thing for my body is the rest but ugghhhh I want to do things but I guess it will still be there.

I have had a pretty good attitude about all this but I will say I have allowed myself to feel sad. My prognosis is good so that really helps and having good doctors and good support from my friends and family. I even had my Uncle Steve (bio) come for a visit which was a great distraction. Music, prayers and self-care have been crucial in going through all this.

My birthday is the 21st. I will be 56! Whoa doggers! I have Radiation that day. Most likely will go to lunch with my friends but I want to go to Wine and Design. I wanted to do it last year but it got veto'd so I want to try again. Even if just one person comes with me. Well shall see...

That is about it for now. Hope to come back and post more often. 

Until next time...


70P.S. Weight is 170 and holding

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, I hope you get to celebrate your birthday the way you want!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...