Monday, August 1, 2022

On the Horizon


Well I did not post last month but thought about it a few times. I was actually pretty tired in July. I did 6 weeks of radiation 5x per week for 10 mins per day. You would think that brief amount of time would not have such a huge impact but boy howdy! That was the biggest side affect from it really.

My weight is holding steady. I was told to not lose anymore so I have been maintaining.  Food does not appeal to me so I almost have to force myself to eat which is so different from my normal.  They are things to help induce hunger so I have been doing that as well.

I am scheduled for surgery on August 18th. The procedure is called a Whipple It is a MAJOR surgery and the prognosis is 20-25% that I will survive the next 5 years. Sounds pretty bleak but I am choosing to think of myself as being in the survivor percentage. Prayers and positive thoughts definitely help me.  

I want to do a whole other post about my loose skin soon. It is SUCH a drag!!! Pun intended! I even asked my surgeon if he was willing to remove my belly skin. He actually does know a surgeon that can so if I survive this that would be the dream. I have skin conditions that may qualify me to get it removed but we shall see.

I'll be back soon for sure! Until next time...



1 comment:

  1. Praying you are in that percentage. How freaking scary is that!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...