Friday, January 8, 2010

Ducks in a Row



Yesterday was a good day! Look at that deficit woohoo! Haven't seen a four digit deficit in a loonnnnggg time. I had a salad for dinner with some Progresso soup: Zesty Southwestern Style Vegetable. It was yummy and only 80 cals a serving! I also walked with Dave. We expanded our path about a block and a half. I also did about 20 squats and I am feeling it a little bit this morning.

I have been making a diligent effort to be more organized. It seems to be a never ending project. Once I get one thing organized, something else needs attention. With my recent move I was able to shift some things around and am more organized then I have been in a long time. I have my clothes sorted by colors, I have all my accessories together and it makes getting ready for work in the morning SO much easier! Plus I discovered clothing I had forgotten about! Another benefit is I have been able to start putting makeup on in the morning again. When I first started insulin the time I used for makeup shifted to shots and pill time but now I can do both and it makes me feel more put together. With ALL that said, I have been looking for a DVD that I need to send to someone and I am having a hard time finding it. It is around somewhere... Grrrr...

Anyway... tonight Danielle and I will be going to dinner at Eulipia. It is a fab restaurant in Downtown San Jose. We always have a good time when we go there and they are always very generous with the vino. Tomorrow I am going to my mom's. I put her off last weekend and all this week so it is time to suck it up. Until next time...



P.S. Don't forget to enter MY giveaway!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Katie -

    Way to go on the calorie deficit. Organization is a goal of mine as well. At work I'm a finely honed machine about organization. Home - don't ask! Have a good weeked and enjoy dinner with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the calorie deficit...My goal this year is to be more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great calorie deficit!

    It never ceases to amaze me the number of clothes/items of jewellery I forget I've bought (probably tells you I buy FAR too much!) that I only realise I have when I'm having a good sort-out! You've inspired me to convert my wardrobe into Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter clothes, with one being replaced by the other (and the former being stored in the loft!) as and when... Might even be able to close the wardrobe doors properly, too!

    Keep up the good work - love those squats! Sitting down WILL get easier... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the deficit! Im TRYING to do some organizing around here, but....lol! Once my daughter is back at school it will be easier! I hope!
    Have a great weekend and enjoy your dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when I'm organized - feel so in control! I do my clothes by color, too...glad you found some "new" clothes!

    Great deficit! Have fun at dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, I'm really glad that you have been posting your bodu bug results again! Way to kick some deficit butt (=

    Hey, I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one that color coordinates her wardrobe. For me I seperate them by color from Long sleeve to short sleeve. I got in this habit when I was going through chemo, because I would forget what and where things were........ it worked so well I kept up with it.

    Hopefully things will go well when you see your mom tomorrow. Hope you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the deficit, Katie! String a few of those days together and you're in for a great loss!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab on the deficit and organization! I'm trying to do both, and it's hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KATE!!!!!!!
    How many times I have tried to comment on your blog but have not been able to get in, have read all on feedreader and then cant pop in and say hello, so frustrating!!!
    Am here now...
    Love to hear you managing to do the make up daily, it makes me feel more together...and not like a ghost when I look in the mirror...three days in hospital without drove me nuts but then felt so sick I didnt really worry, the moment I felt myself coming back again the make up went back on...LOL...
    Hope u had a good time out but remember vino is high in calories and prevents fat from burning...so maybe you should take off with me...hehehe, I am not doing any vino while I detox this body of mine before the next MRI scan. Aspartame is already out of my diet..shew it was all over my diet I am shocked to read how much of what I ate has the horrible stuff inside.
    Hope you understand why I was not around, not cause I fell out of love with you..noooooooo still love u lots...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...